Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10300: 093-Gewusel

Author: Rennervate
Size: 255x255

Desc:
R. aka AlexX

wolfgoesmoo

Very tough! I could probably shave some time off my score if I wanted now that I know how to break into the row of crosses just to the right of all the energy siphon spots. Even still I'm not sure how anybody got a 15 minute time on this map. That's nuts!

rennervate

thx 4 your feedback.
dude 2 is a cheater. u can ignore his scores.
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

EEderle

rennervate

SPOILER:

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

I didn't play this, yet, but as with every Alex map, be ready for pain and for putting beams on PZs. Many beams on PZs.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: rennervate on October 03, 2022, 05:21:31 AMSPOILER:

I was able to beat it after a few tries but I can't imagine how you did it--how can you provide the power to hold off the emitter??  I simply took a good portion of the line of Cs and kept my CN in the sky until the line of Cs was secured.

D0m0nik

If you are quick you can start middle left and take and hold 6 of the C's from the off. A sprayer is very handy for taking an island to land the CN but you may still need to float the CN for a short while.

AstraNine

That was a really strong map. Took me ages to get going but its worthwhile. Brilliant, probably your best yet.

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 03, 2022, 02:03:47 PM

I was able to beat it after a few tries but I can't imagine how you did it--how can you provide the power to hold off the emitter??  I simply took a good portion of the line of Cs and kept my CN in the sky until the line of Cs was secured.

Yeah, that's basically how I did it. It took me a bunch of starts to get one I liked but it wasn't so hard. Like I said above, I thought the hardest part was breaking into the crosses that have ore on every other row. I just ended up brute forcing an opening on the second from the bottom via strafers and repeatedly landing a cannon on every available spot except for just enough room to build a relay and a nullifier. And that was after I tried building up a bunch of sprayers, letting them fill up, and detonating them over the island with no success.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on October 04, 2022, 04:43:31 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 03, 2022, 02:03:47 PM

Once I had the whole C-line I could spare a PZ for a cannon (there are some extra PZs at the top and bottom, you can put the beam on one of those), then the square to the left fell easily and once I had one to work from the rest got a lot easier.

Yeah, that's basically how I did it. It took me a bunch of starts to get one I liked but it wasn't so hard. Like I said above, I thought the hardest part was breaking into the crosses that have ore on every other row. I just ended up brute forcing an opening on the second from the bottom via strafers and repeatedly landing a cannon on every available spot except for just enough room to build a relay and a nullifier. And that was after I tried building up a bunch of sprayers, letting them fill up, and detonating them over the island with no success.