AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10283: well? III

Author: me
Size: 256x168

Desc:
rating 10 submit

Loren Pechtel

Well, no.

A description asking for a rating of 10 means you already start with a couple of strikes against you.  Then the stunt with the inhibitors is a no thanks.  Since there are scores it must be possible to beat but I would have to replay much of the map and I have no desire to try to figure it out.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 26, 2022, 02:11:49 AMWell, no.

A description asking for a rating of 10 means you already start with a couple of strikes against you.  Then the stunt with the inhibitors is a no thanks.  Since there are scores it must be possible to beat but I would have to replay much of the map and I have no desire to try to figure it out.

I agree to both. But then again, if this was a normal map with a normal description, and without 2-3 spam maps that had the same look and got deleted, then this particular map would be just another CW3 map. Not super hard, not easy, pretty decent.

D0m0nik

Just take out the inhibitor in the bottom corner! Its quite a good map. The excess inhibitors are just decoration, kind of like how PH decorates his with useless ore mines.

theReal_me

A description asking for a rating of 10 means you already start with a couple of strikes against you...
This is fair, the origin of the description is an inside joke that I have with a friend (that no one here would get). I knew I was taking an unnecessary gamble by making that the description, because I knew it could be easily misconstrued as that, but I went with it anyway. I seem to have lost.

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 26, 2022, 06:54:49 AM

I agree to both. But then again, if this was a normal map with a normal description, and without 2-3 spam maps that had the same look and got deleted, then this particular map would be just another CW3 map. Not super hard, not easy, pretty decent.
Well, this was the final map of the well? trilogy, and it's not a well? map without a load of inhibitors floating in space.

Was this a particularly good map? No. Was this better than well? 1 & 2? Yes. Was it still funny? Very.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 26, 2022, 03:14:16 PM

Just take out the inhibitor in the bottom corner! Its quite a good map. The excess inhibitors are just decoration, kind of like how PH decorates his with useless ore mines.

They are not decoration--I don't know what triggered them but they went active on me.  Maybe I was too slow or something.

theReal_me

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 27, 2022, 03:35:12 PMThey are not decoration--I don't know what triggered them but they went active on me.  Maybe I was too slow or something.
They go off on the 50 minute in-game timer mark.
Hinted at by:
"well, hurry up."