[bug?] Some things in editor don't stay edited

Started by Darkmega, October 02, 2016, 11:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmega

I've been working on a map, and I'm noticing that when I save the map, and then reload it, some things are reverting back to their defaults, while some remain fine. For example recall zones being set to 0 (which I hope is what stops the particles just bunching up in one spot and not going at you) and then when I reload it defaults itself back to 25 on all my emitters, enemy and flip blues.

Also my allied structures keep resetting themselves back to being "mission objectives"... which I'm guessing is stuffing up the fact that I've got the map set to "Destroy all enemies including particulate"/Total Destruction mode even if said allied structures are blue and not "enemies".

those're the two things I've noticed constantly.

Sorrontis

I've seen similar issues. I've made an emitter that's invulnerable which always reset to "Map Goal"
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Darkmega

Yep. I've got a pair of stunners and a friendly NPC HQ floating around my area and whenever I save and reload, they reset to map goals. Even on destroy all "enemy" structures it still didn't let me win the map, cause I'm guessing those structures redefaulted themselves and cause they're friendly and nondestructible, I can't win. :V

Karsten75

Please make a list of the specifics. Please also check log files to ensure there are not some exceptions thrown.

Sorrontis

So, images :

Image 1 - Emitter Set
Spoiler
[close]

Image 2 - Post-load emitter settings
Spoiler
[close]

Map attached.
Output_log shows no errors that I can see :(

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."