Custom Map #10069: Speedrun Eridani. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, May 27, 2022, 09:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10069: Speedrun Eridani

Author: stdout
Size: 200x200

Desc:
You can do it! Check the forum for tips on speedrunning this map.

stdout

I suggest you play the map first without reading the spoiler below. See how you do. Then read these tips and see if it helps your game:

Spoiler

You start with about 4,000 energy available spread out through the 3 starting energy gems. Don't waste time trying to get a foothold, you have more than enough energy to get your base established. The very first thing you should do is connect a siphon to each of the three energy gems, then pause the game and spend a few minutes setting up what you're going to build. Here is some math:

The Forge costs 25. Nullifiers cost 50 to build and 50 to power (100 energy each)

Siphons cost 5 each ( and you'll want to make 20 of them. There are aether siphons under each totem. Total Cost: 100 energy)

Relays cost 2 each on this map. You will want about 110 relays at the start (total cost: 220 energy)

16 nullifiers clears out all the spores in the central part of the map. (Cost: 1,600 energy)

11 nullifiers clears the entire right side of the map. (Cost: 1,100 energy). You have to be very quick to clear the right side because those emitters and powerful and will overwhelm the area pretty fast.

Do it fast enough and you won't even have to build defenses against the spores! Woo hoo!!

That leaves you enough energy to start building reactors on the resulting PZs from the spore towers you destroy. While all this is happening, upgrade energy and build speed/packet speed. When all spore towers fall and your energy is in the green thanks to the reactors, clean up all the emitters in the center and then hit the bottom row of nests and you're done.

As for the forge, as soon as it is built, your siphoned aether should quickly fill it. Personally, I upgraded packet speed and build speed to 8 each, and energy efficiency to 4.

[close]

Don't be afraid to play the map several times to see if you can improve your score.

Weasee

Thanks for the hints  :)
I shaved 20s off my score, once I found out about the
Spoiler
hidden aether siphons!
[close]

stdout

It's going to be hard to beat that score!

Edited to add: I just got a few more seconds shaved off. I think I'm satisfied with my final score.

Weasee

delaying some of the upper nullifiers allows even faster clearing of the lower decks...  ;D

D0m0nik

Just had my first run and...hmmm, back to bed I think!!  :P

D0m0nik

Very satisfying layout on these maps, first time I have ever put down nullifiers with the drag and drop method!

stdout

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 28, 2022, 03:20:07 AM
Very satisfying layout on these maps

You wrote on a different map's thread that you enjoyed how well the map works for dragging relays and that comment is actually what got me started down the road of this map. It all began with my playing with an image in the gimp with 3x3 squares, seeing if I could make a map that was entirely draggable. These two maps are the result.

stdout

Weasee

Thanks stdout!  I enjoyed this map - the perfectly spaced layout is great, as others have mentioned