Custom Map #10058: Crashed Ship 3. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, May 22, 2022, 08:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10058: Crashed Ship 3

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 128x84

Desc:
Follow buttRcaT's Story, Except that you Play As Creeper! Terrain is by buttRcaT, Testing by Gotha, and the Rest by me Backstory: That ship escaped here, and the humans in it built some serious defenses, but those defenses have a weakness.....Strike from the Side and cut off their Central Defenses! Show no Mercy! And once it escapes again.....We've got a plan... #PAC #PlayAsCreeper

Loren Pechtel

Dark6al3a

Waiting for Something to Happen ?

stdout

Fun map! Good balance between just enough challenge without feeling like you're pushing against a brick wall for a long time. Looking forward to your next PAC map!

Dark6al3a

Dark6al3a

A screenshot showing how is this map meant to be Played

Spoiler
Strike the north and south, cut off their central defenses, then strike the north or south with everything you've got to take down the CN
It's still possible to go attack the central defenses like a brute, but that's a lot more like bashing a wall instead of PAC
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

I'm not an expert on PAC, but I think that as long as there is no void and no really strong defenses, like Berthas, then securing a foothold and adding plenty of emitters will just overflow the map with creeper.

It's the void, combined with strong defenses, that makes PAC maps hard.

Also, on one of your PAC maps there were really few beams. I deleted emitters in the back of my position and changed them to spore towers. That way the few beams got starved for energy and stopped working pretty soon, and after that I just attacked the CN. Once that was gone, the map "collapsed".

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on May 23, 2022, 04:12:35 AM
I'm not an expert on PAC, but I think that as long as there is no void and no really strong defenses, like Berthas, then securing a foothold and adding plenty of emitters will just overflow the map with creeper.

It's the void, combined with strong defenses, that makes PAC maps hard.

Also, on one of your PAC maps there were really few beams. I deleted emitters in the back of my position and changed them to spore towers. That way the few beams got starved for energy and stopped working pretty soon, and after that I just attacked the CN. Once that was gone, the map "collapsed".

Which one ?

Martin Gronsdal

I think it was #10046

if you make the spores fire all at once, they will overwhelm beams that aren't sitting on a PZ. You can kill the beam, then the next one, then go straight for the CN. Once that flies, it's game over.

stdout

#10043 Crashed Ship

It's my favorite of your PAC maps. I love the quick firing spore towers and their ability to overwhelm the defenses. Get a few more spore towers and then go straight to the Forge, and then hit the two reactors on PZs, you starve the energy and then take out all the units. Lots of fun and super replayable.

Dark6al3a

Quote from: stdout on May 23, 2022, 09:26:39 AM
#10043 Crashed Ship

It's my favorite of your PAC maps. I love the quick firing spore towers and their ability to overwhelm the defenses. Get a few more spore towers and then go straight to the Forge, and then hit the two reactors on PZs, you starve the energy and then take out all the units. Lots of fun and super replayable.

hmm...Might make more like it!
I'm glad that you're enjoying it!

Martin Gronsdal

PS: don't interpret my comments as negative! Maps are nice and I liked to play them