Custom Map #10034: 021-Pink-Pinkman. By: AlexX

Started by AutoPost, May 12, 2022, 12:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10034: 021-Pink-Pinkman

Author: AlexX
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Out now: the NEW pink Pinkman - much EASIER - MORE Sporetowers - Many, many Bugs - much more Creeper - more Pink! Totally easy! Buy it now!!!

Loren Pechtel

To me this one was a harder start.  As before, once you can clear the local digitalis the rest is routine.

AstraNine

Im seeing plenty of pink but "easier" is totally absent. Kinda sums up most of your maps for me. I can enjoy the work that has gone into it but actually even surviving five minutes is too much to ask. Could we not (please) have a map that is really a bit easier?

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: AstraNine on May 15, 2022, 09:11:25 AM
Im seeing plenty of pink but "easier" is totally absent. Kinda sums up most of your maps for me. I can enjoy the work that has gone into it but actually even surviving five minutes is too much to ask. Could we not (please) have a map that is really a bit easier?

Spoiler
The key to surviving this is proper placement and powering of cannons--they must fire on the three areas where creeper approaches the platform you're on (look at the height--it's not flat) but not firing upon the digitalis.  If the creeper piles up beyond 3 and spills onto your platform you're going to die, but one cannon is enough to prevent this if not starved.  Get your power up, enough beams up then you face the challenge of trying to kill the two little digitalis areas and then the emitter beyond.  You'll need forge upgrades to do this.  Be very careful about anything that can kill digiitalis, it's easy to kill some and devastate your base.  Once you have killed the 4 patches near your base it's easy.
[close]

AstraNine

Interesting. For me one cannon is not enough and I quickly get overwhelmed. Perhaps this may be down to power, I always seem to be in the red! There is no tolerance with this start, building enough power,  cannons and beams simultaneously is tricky.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: AstraNine on May 16, 2022, 07:43:07 AM
Interesting. For me one cannon is not enough and I quickly get overwhelmed. Perhaps this may be down to power, I always seem to be in the red! There is no tolerance with this start, building enough power,  cannons and beams simultaneously is tricky.

Yes, it's very easy to die of red power on this one.

Spoiler
Collectors!
[close]

Feroperetic

Spoiler
...then you face the challenge of trying to kill the two little digitalis areas and then the emitter beyond.
[close]
[/quote]

How exactly did you go about clearing the 2 digitalis? I have no issues with power. It has been an hour still can't break through. My nullifier keeps getting destroyed. I have a couple of mortars and one sprayer the rest cannons.

Martin Gronsdal

rennervate

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on May 19, 2022, 03:35:08 AM
Spoiler
singularity
[close]

I have to deactivate this in my maps. I never use it myself - that's why I don't think about this tool
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Feroperetic

Quote from: Feroperetic on May 19, 2022, 03:17:04 AM
Spoiler
...then you face the challenge of trying to kill the two little digitalis areas and then the emitter beyond.
[close]

How exactly did you go about clearing the 2 digitalis? I have no issues with power. It has been an hour still can't break through. My nullifier keeps getting destroyed. I have a couple of mortars and one sprayer the rest cannons.
[/quote]

Just took some perseverance (plus building/speed upgrades). Had to patiently wait as the nullifier powered up one power pellet at a time.as it got immobilized :). Was easier just going round before taking the 2nd small digitalis island..