Custom Map #10037: Rain Forest 1. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, May 13, 2022, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10037: Rain Forest 1

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 170x170

Desc:
The Main Map in this 3 map Upload It also has Surprises! Be Careful! You can go Fast, Which is how the Map is intended to be Played, Or go slow, Like how I did, Going slow removes most challenge as the AC piles up into an Unstoppable Force Thanks to D0m0nik For Testing this map, His testing helped me a lot! Also For K75 for Teaching me how to make the CRPL in this map, and to Grabz and Builder17 for making the Rain Pyramids And to teks for Inspiration from his Pyramid power Anyways, Enjoy! #rainpower

Dark6al3a

Very Useful tip, Will ruin the Difficulty

Spoiler
Make sure to use the Siphon to build a Forge and A Bertha, Otherwise you might get Overwhelmed in the Start, and once you have upgraded enough in the forge, Use the Singularity Weapon to Attack the Pyramids
[close]

Some tips that Help with the Surprises

Spoiler
Against spores, Try to spread your Beams evenly and place as much PZ beams as you can
[close]

Spoiler
For Runners, Terp a PZ to be on 10 high terrain, then Place a Sniper on it, That'll destroy most runners, and the Rest will be killed by Berthas
[close]

Spoiler
For the Rain, If you've turtled, it's not that harmful, other wise There's no way to stop it, you gotta rely on luck
[close]

Also, I've finished Exams, and Now I have all summer to make CW3 maps! Or even CW2!

Good luck my Friends!
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Helper

By George, I think we have a "WEEKEND" map here.
I can't jump on it yet, but will give it a go later.

Thanks much,
H

D0m0nik

I would offer different advice:

Spoiler
Don'tconnect any pyramids or devices or build anything but a forge and reactors/collectors at the start. I built a forge and 75 reactors before I did anything. All early upgrades go into energy.
The spores only need a few PZ beams for later on.

With these pyramid maps, energy is everything
[close]

Helper

Razzlefratz!
Where's the do-over key?

Thanks,
H

D0m0nik

Spoiler
I take that back about the spores, they have been turned up a notch  ???
[close]

Dark6al3a

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 14, 2022, 03:56:35 AM
I would offer different advice:

Spoiler
Don'tconnect any pyramids or devices or build anything but a forge and reactors/collectors at the start. I built a forge and 75 reactors before I did anything. All early upgrades go into energy.
The spores only need a few PZ beams for later on.

With these pyramid maps, energy is everything
[close]
Spoiler

I meant that the Player should build Reactors, A forge and a Bertha
And Actually, The 2 small Pyramids in your base only summon rain, and so they take Tiny amounts of Energy
[close]

Helper

At about 4 minutes.
I'm thinking I'll attack that big cluster at my 10 o'clock to start.
At this point, I do not think I will beat the D man's time.
;)

H

D0m0nik

You need to switch those PZ reactors for berthas about 3 minutes ago  :P

Helper

Quote from: D0m0nik on May 14, 2022, 03:18:45 PM
You need to switch those PZ reactors for berthas about 3 minutes ago  :P

You need to switch those PZ reactors for berthas about 3 minutes 10 hours ago.

There, fixed it for you.

:D

I've been gone most of the day.
Game time is 16:10.
I'll check my save times and go back if I can.

Thanks for the tip.
H

Helper

What to do? What to do?
Restarted from scratch and wondering if I should attack that Pyramid at 10:00, run across the bottom and take out that corner, or...?
I would really hate to start from scratch again.

Any help much appreciated, and I'll give it another go in the morning.
Thanks,
H

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Helper on May 15, 2022, 05:59:37 PM
What to do? What to do?
Restarted from scratch and wondering if I should attack that Pyramid at 10:00, run across the bottom and take out that corner, or...?
I would really hate to start from scratch again.

Any help much appreciated, and I'll give it another go in the morning.
Thanks,
H

on my first try, I went and Occupied Areas around that Pyramid, Then Used Terps and Shields To Slow down the Creeper From Reaching the Nullifier, And used the 2 PZ Berthas with Correct timing to Take Turns Protecting the Nullifier, After one Emitter is down, You can go Terp that PZ and Use it to Build a Nullifier, Or go all out on the PZ with Mortars, Berthas, and Strafers

I went with the Former, But If you Wanna get a Decent score, Ignore me, I'm a Turtler

Helper

Quote from: Dark6al3a on May 16, 2022, 04:51:01 AM
I went with the Former, But If you Wanna get a Decent score, Ignore me, I'm a Turtler

"Different strokes for different folks."
:)

Thank you for the advice. I'm just getting started for the day and am attacking to my 10 o'clock. The first time, I took out that nearest Emitter, then put an Emitter in the PZ, then watched 14.7 billion Spores come out to play.

I'll save after getting it, then do a trial run across the bottom.

Not sure how that will work out, but am sure that I'll have some fun.

Thanks,
H

D0m0nik

Key is two PZ berthas and attack that nearest pyramid first, just have some near by beams ready to land on the many PZs, then once the wave of spores has passed put mortors on all of the PZs, get's easy then.

Dark6al3a

So...Uhh...For Weekend, would you like me to make a grand long PAC, Or A Rain Power map ? I'm fine with both, And I wanna do both, So I thought I should ask you too