Custom Map #7013: CSM-82 R-FACTORY. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 22, 2019, 02:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7013: CSM-82 R-FACTORY

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Corky Style Mode game with created by Regallion SUPER FACTORY with 7 types of bombs for Your choice! After activation of chips you can place it in the bottom of Factory and create bombs. Chips and GateJoiners can be placed on Home units. Flip emitters with red ring can't be target of bombs. #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #ThanksToGoodMorning #BravoVirgil #GoodLuck

Johnny Haywire

This map is just pure fun. If you're looking for more of a challenge, you should play Yum's Particle Fleet maps.

How fun is this map? Once you take a bomb factory you can just play with stuff. An appropriate yet inadequate analogy would be to suppose you were a kid again - and you've just been handed the keys to Disney World and told you can "do anything you want". The main problem with that analogy is that in this case, the map is just going to end too soon.

But while the map lasts, it's essentially a giant sandbox of joy-evoking target practice. So much fun.

Thanks for incorporating all sorts of great ideas into this map, Yum!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

bgzzz

I don't get how connectors with numbers are working. Can you explain please? thx

Regallion

Quote from: bgzzz on January 23, 2019, 03:58:33 AM
I don't get how connectors with numbers are working. Can you explain please? thx
That's a recurring theme isn't it?Connectors with numbers (AKA stargate joiners) form an inependent network n]between themselves.So, if you have a red, a yellow and a blue hole with a "1" connector over them, you no longer have a yellow a red and a blue, you have 3 holes with a color of "1".  That fact can be abused in a variety of ways, but that is left as an exercise to the user.

bgzzz

Quote from: Regallion on January 23, 2019, 04:26:36 AM
Quote from: bgzzz on January 23, 2019, 03:58:33 AM
That's a recurring theme isn't it?Connectors with numbers (AKA stargate joiners) form an inependent network n]between themselves.So, if you have a red, a yellow and a blue hole with a "1" connector over them, you no longer have a yellow a red and a blue, you have 3 holes with a color of "1".  That fact can be abused in a variety of ways, but that is left as an exercise to the user.

Thanks! It's clear now

toolforger

There must be more to that - I think there are thresholds involved.
They don't matter much once you're past power 100, but at power 50, they do - I saw some 0.4 creeper stick around pink portals despite having connected another pink portal with 1.

Regallion

Quote from: toolforger on January 23, 2019, 10:23:40 PM
They don't matter much once you're past power 100, but at power 50, they do - I saw some 0.4 creeper stick around pink portals despite having connected another pink portal with 1.
Dude i am literally the script author for these, i know exactly what they do because i coded them. I cannot, however, rule out a bug. If you have a save with that effect, i would be interested in seeing it.

jaworeq

Quote from: toolforger on January 23, 2019, 10:23:40 PM

If you connect "another" pink portal with 1, then this portal stops being part of pink network - it becomes part of "1" network.

D0m0nik

Is the Omega bomb supposed to be that strong? It nukes a 1/4 of the map at a time!

Johnny Haywire

QuoteIs the Omega bomb supposed to be that strong? It nukes a 1/4 of the map at a time!

It's from map # 6890 where it is clearly much more applicable, although even in that map it's quite unnecessary. Significantly overpowered yet ya gotta love its mechanics.

I think this map was a lot more of a sandbox that allows you to try different things. Map 6890 is a bit more challenging, but they're both really fun.

*Waits to see if Dom will post the new high score on #6890...*  ;)

cornucanis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 24, 2019, 10:09:06 PM

He'll have to beat out a certain other dashing rogue to claim that title   8)

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Johnny Haywire

QuoteHe'll have to beat out a certain other dashing rogue to claim that title

Aye, and your score is quite impressive. Which only makes sense, seeing as how you know a thing or two about these maps.  ;)

I'm loving these maps, as well as the other ones you've made. I really can't thank you guys enough for taking the time & engaging such creativity to make these maps for our community!   ;D

And Yum, you're like the Johann Sebastian Bach of CW3, dude... it's like you're composing a new masterpiece every day for us to look forward to. Thx for your hard work!  :)

D0m0nik

Quote from: cornucanis on January 24, 2019, 10:14:38 PM

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 24, 2019, 10:09:06 PM

He'll have to beat out a certain other dashing rogue to claim that title   8)

Haha - no danger if that. This current wave of Yum maps are great and I love them but I am not quick at them (I can't master the disk things). I have given up on speed and enjoy them without using the pause button. This is a new way of playing for me and very relaxing!

Johnny Haywire

QuoteI have given up on speed and enjoy them without using the pause button. This is a new way of playing for me and very relaxing!

Couldn't agree more about that annoying pause button ;) 

Now to enhance all that relaxing gameplay on these amazing maps... *hands Dom a bag of chips*

Yum's maps + Yummy snacks = MmmmHmmmm good.  8)