Custom Map #10500: A few delicate tricks and lots of ore. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, January 19, 2023, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10500: A few delicate tricks and lots of ore

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 90x120

Desc:

Weasee

My first few goes, I thought this totally impossible!!
Spoiler
You can't beat the creeper on the right hand island - don't try!
[close]

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Weasee on January 21, 2023, 08:21:27 PMMy first few goes, I thought this totally impossible!!
Spoiler
You can't beat the creeper on the right hand island - don't try!
[close]

I'm not even sure where to begin on this one then. There's nowhere to land a guppy. Even if I clear the creeper on the top island, I'm not sure where I go from there. If MG calls a trick "delicate" that probably means there's no way I'll figure it out :P

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on January 22, 2023, 01:01:25 PMyou can land on the island to the right

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted it. I'm not sure how Wease got that time though, you must have to have a very delicate balance of upgrades and units.

Weasee

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on January 22, 2023, 02:47:00 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on January 22, 2023, 01:01:25 PMyou can land on the island to the right

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted it. I'm not sure how Wease got that time though, you must have to have a very delicate balance of upgrades and units.

It's not so much the upgrades on this level, it's more about timing: how can you get the nullifier, without clearing the right island? :-)

wolfgoesmoo

Oh, I beat the level, my time was just closer to 30 minutes, that's all.

Weasee

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on January 23, 2023, 11:33:37 AMOh, I beat the level, my time was just closer to 30 minutes, that's all.
I also
Spoiler
continuously built 6 sprayers at a time in the AC pool, enable the collection field, and immediately send them to the top island, and destroy them. Repeat until the creeper is gone, then just use guppies (1 at a time at the top) to build a collector network over to the inhibitor and nullify it. Send a few beams to kill any wayward spores too!
[close]