Particle Fleet 2 wish list

Started by chwooly, February 05, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

If in the future there is a follow up to PF below is a list of things I would like.

1) Bullet range limit, By this I mean that the even thought targeting range is currently limited there should be a drop off of the actual bullet so that ships are not destroyed that are sitting at 1 side of the map because from the other side a ship got destroyed by the first bullet of a turret and the other 890 kept flying.
2) Fleet movement speed reduced to the slowest ship so that they stay in the configuration you sent the fleet in.
3) Fleet way points for movement.
4) Instead of losing all power when the HQ jumps (which in my mind makes no sense). either reduce the wait time or reduce the power of the mine. not have them turn off completely.
5) Either be able to park above an amp gem when a ship is destroyed with one in it or have the amp gem destroyed when the ship is.
6)Hot keys for building ships.

I am sure others can add to this list, However these are the things that currently come to mind. I might add to this if I think of anything else at a later date.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Builder17

Quote from: chwooly on February 05, 2018, 08:26:29 PM
4) Instead of losing all power when the HQ jumps (which in my mind makes no sense). either reduce the wait time or reduce the power of the mine. not have them turn off completely.
I don't have any opinion on most these

but this one is meant to prevent/reduce HQ lathing because you won't move HQ to dangerous areas so much. :)

5) Either be able to park above an amp gem when a ship is destroyed with one in it or have the amp gem destroyed when the ship is.

You mean amp gems shouldn't take map space?

Destroying it isn't cool because it could render map unwinnable in worst case.

chwooly

Quote from: Builder17 on February 06, 2018, 09:04:46 AM
I don't have any opinion on most these

but this one is meant to prevent/reduce HQ lathing because you won't move HQ to dangerous areas so much. :)

You mean amp gems shouldn't take map space?

Destroying it isn't cool because it could render map unwinnable in worst case.

I understand the reasoning for the mines being the way they are, and that this is a game however the physics don't work since no energy is ever moved thru the HQ, and between the use of 1 hit 1 kill particles, bullets that can kill due to no range on them and since the HQ is very poorly shielded thus making very easy to kill it makes some maps rage quit maps that are not fun. Plus you can make it so that if your HQ jumps the map is lost thus preventing the jump and lathe tactic. Another way would be to have a lathe on the HQ that only works to activate mines.

For gems I would prefer that they just don't take up map space. as it is now I almost never use gems in ships other then in energy ships to extend range. They just don't have that much value in my style of play for me to benefit from putting them into any other ship. And when I do use them in ships that get destroyed I then have to waste time getting them back for no other reason then they occupy space. At least make them float like omnis.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Builder17

Quote from: chwooly on February 06, 2018, 10:37:59 AM
the HQ is very poorly shielded thus making very easy to kill it makes some maps rage quit maps that are not fun. Another way would be to have a lathe on the HQ that only works to activate mines.

Maybe expert players enjoy these maps you call rage quit maps? :)

special lathe sounds cool, maybe it could be called energy-starter tho?

I guess this should be option for mapmaker if HQ destruction disables mines or not.

QuotePlus you can make it so that if your HQ jumps the map is lost thus preventing the jump and lathe tactic.

Good point.