Proposed modification to tournament rules.

Started by Grauniad, March 13, 2013, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Seeker

I would prefer we stick to this week following the rules as they were at the start of the tournament.  I was the first person to complete all 5 maps this week.  If I am considered the winner by whatever rules we all agree to go by I would gladly prepare next weeks tournament.
On a note about unfair tournaments, a tournament winner could let a friend know what the games are going to be.  The friend could get scores for the maps and only submit after the tournament starts.  When everyone has a week this is irrelevant.  When we have hours this might matter.
Aspire to Inspire

lurkily

My concern for that is that simpler requires more interaction and consideration, and requires two people to make a hand-off of the responsibility.

To me, having clear, unquestionable expectations from the very start is always simpler.  If I were designing it, I'd layer it a little bit.  There's more detail, but expectations are always clear.  As an example:

The highest scorer that hasn't run one of the last X (2, 3?) tournaments has the responsibility to run it.

Second, they can hand that responsibility off to a specific individual.  If they simply step down from that responsibility without naming anybody else, (announce that they won't be making the next tourney, anybody who hasn't run one of the last X number of tournaments can make a new one.

Lastly, if X (24?) hours pass, it's fair game for anybody to make the next one.