Creeper World: Evermore

Started by knucracker, November 21, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

If you are a Creeper World fan, it would be nice if you'd go there, play at least one map and rate the game. :)

Edit: Wow.

Edit2: Virgil, those red notices on the KC pages. Why don't you make them hyperlinks directly to the game on Kongregate?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

The game just went 'super public' on Kong (as in it just got it's initial rating after 300 plays).  Let the games begin!

knucracker

Quote from: Grauniad on November 21, 2011, 02:59:36 PM
Edit2: Virgil, those red notices on the KC pages. Why don't you make them hyperlinks directly to the game on Kongregate?

I have just made both lines links to the game on kong.

Grauniad

You have about a .15 lead over the next highest rated game, except that game has over 16k ratings, so it's hard to move the rating for that game either way... your game can still change drastically with just one rating.

knucracker

The rating will bounce around like crazy for the first bit... that's why it's a good thing for anyone reading this to vote 5 stars.  That helps keep it high in the beginning so it gets more exposure.  I've seen really good games flame out on kong thanks to early down voting... and never recover.  But, the support community for a game (if it has one) can help offset this.

Grauniad

Booyah!

Colin

Awesome! I think this is a great idea to drum
up interest Virgil. Well done!  ;D

Creeper World will always "sell itself" when
you let it. ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Kithros

If anyone is having trouble with the survival mode, I recommend using *LOTS* of drones - this works better on some maps than others (you need a fairly flat space for drones to do their bombing runs efficiently, I've been finding Nov. 18 to be a good map for this. To give a good idea of what I mean by *LOTS* of drones:

Spoiler
[close]

I have lots of blasters disarmed - if the creeper starts overflowing (ideally you should be using drones to prevent this from happening as much as reasonably possible), you can turn them on, but whenever possible you want to be using drones to hit the creeper instead of blasters since they are much more energy efficient at killing creeper. I'm still trying to finish this run so I'll see how high I can get on it.

EDIT: Started losing control of the map at about 1250 intensity emitters, but I dragged it out another 10 minutes after that to about 1350 intensity emitters (4:05:32).
905347 Blaster Shots, 5765 Drone Sorties and 19172587.65 creeper killed.

knucracker

CobraKill

More energy you could have run all those blasters and hold your line after you started losing control... ;)

Kithros is just as good at CW as he is CW2. Why am I not surprised?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

Wow. There  are complaints filtering in on the comments at Kongregate that indicate some players could not finish levels in 60 minutes and were then caught by surprise when survival mode kicked in. Pity, I'm sure those people aren't giving it 5/5.  :(

I mean really. That's *slow*.

Colin

Quote from: Grauniad on November 22, 2011, 12:46:50 AM
Wow. There re complaints filtering in on the comments at Kongregate that indicate some players could not finish levels in 60 minutes and were then caught by surprise when survival mode kicked in. Pity, I'm sure those people aren't giving it 5/5.  :(

I mean really. That's *slow*.

Maybe they "accidentally" pressed the turbo button?  :D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

F0R

i just posted this on kong comments

In the full version of Creeper World, you can play every day of the year from year 0 to year 9999. If there are 365 days in a year and 10000 years thats 3 650 000 levels. If they each took you 10 mins to do, more of less of course, you would be playing for 36 500 000 mins. That would take nearly 70 years. So gl! XD

dd790

Will survival mode be added to the full version in an upcoming patch?

I always wanted to include survival style missions in the custom Campaign I never quite got round to finishing and publishing but they wouldn't work under the totem/collection mechanics