Creeper World Review

Started by NNR_Alex, November 12, 2011, 02:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NNR_Alex

Yours truly did a review on this game.  I just got it uploaded a while ago.    I tend to cuss a bit here and there, so you've been warned.  Anyways thought you all might like to see it.

knucracker

Very funny... And informative. 

I kept watching that spore timer count down just waiting to watch them wipe out your base... But you got lucky :).

Btw, I can answer one small thing about the story.  Not that anyone would know this since it's only in my head.  The world 'Hope' was not a colonized world before the creeper came to our galaxy.  So it didn't really have a name.  The old man went around in the final days telling people to go to this world.  They went there because they didn't know what else to do ( other than face certain death). Even then most would not find their way and would perish as their worlds were destroyed.  In other words, there was total chaos on a galactic scale but some people made it to this previously uncolonized world, thanks to the old man.  Once they got there they got to work building Odin city... Since they knew the creeper would eventually come.  They only had this opportunity because the world they were sent to wasn't on the creepers hit list... And of course the old man knew this since he wasn't really crazy after all.  He knew what people to send to this world so they had the know how and the time to build Odin City.  These folks called the world 'Hope' since that was all they had left.

Grauniad

You should write the book... :P
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on November 12, 2011, 07:14:34 PM
You should write the book... :P

And then sell it for $10 and add it with a package deal, $20 dollars, downloadable book on the story line of CW and CW2, the game CW, and the game CW2.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

NNR_Alex

I'm just glad you enjoyed the review and didn't mind me poking a little fun here and there.

Yeah the first attempt I did, I remembered the spores.  Further proof of the 'let's play' curse.

Cavemaniac

Hey Alex!

It was fun watching you play - I don't know anybody else who plays CW so I'm completely on my own here.

As a consequence, my play style is uniquely my own - uninfluenced by others - so it was interesting to see how someone else would tackle a problem.

I never thought of trying YouTube for gameplay videos..!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Michionlion

Quote from: Cavemaniac on November 13, 2011, 04:45:24 PM

Hey Alex!

It was fun watching you play - I don't know anybody else who plays CW so I'm completely on my own here.

As a consequence, my play style is uniquely my own - uninfluenced by others - so it was interesting to see how someone else would tackle a problem.

I never thought of trying YouTube for gameplay videos..!

there are a couple youtubers who play cw.  mostly, i think its karsten who has the most popular channel (and the most videos).  (not to mention me, with only 9 subs... but hey, its fun, right? ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

What, have you forgotten about me? :P
(Then again, only about half of my videos are related to CW or CW2...)

Michionlion

Quote from: mthw2vc on November 13, 2011, 06:00:29 PM
What, have you forgotten about me? :P
(Then again, only about half of my videos are related to CW or CW2...)

totally forgot... sry!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

J

F0R

Karsten doesn't have the most videos i don't think but the most views.

MadMag

Good and fun reveiw! Reminds me a little of AVGN :)