Help with Solar Wind in Lurkily's Alpha Sector

Started by Nephthys, September 05, 2014, 10:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

There is a thread on this but no posting for over 3 months so the system recommends starting a new thread.

I've been trying to beat this map for, well, I think I'm up to 4 hours now. Stupid or stubborn  idk which.

Anyway, I'm stymied by the two islands on the far right. They both are 99.9% no fly zones. So no guppies, bombers, strafers to help.

I've looked at hbarudi's map http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15961.0 about a hundred times, but I can't finish this one off. Help?? Please? Would be grateful!!

So how DO you clear islands with no air space & no relay reach?

Cavemaniac

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

12345ieee

You can actually squeeze in 1 or 2 guppies, see attached screenshots.
Make sure they to build them as near as possible, time them with Bertha shots and bring sprayers to assist ground operations and it should be easy.

I didn't play this map before I saw this topic and I'd say is quite terrible in nearly every aspect, never again.

Nephthys

Quote from: 12345ieee on September 06, 2014, 12:39:32 AM
You can actually squeeze in 1 or 2 guppies, see attached screenshots.
Make sure they to build them as near as possible, time them with Bertha shots and bring sprayers to assist ground operations and it should be easy.

I didn't play this map before I saw this topic and I'd say is quite terrible in nearly every aspect, never again.

Thanks so much to both of you!

I was using that tiny point for a guppy, but I couldn't keep enough PCs alive long enough to use a nullifier. I have Berthas & Sprayers as well, but never in the right combination I guess. If I can get that relay added then I feel like I can get OFF THIS MAP!! LOL   :)

I'm somewhat relieved you found it as "terrible" as I have...

EDIT: Success at loooong last!! Yayrah! Thx!!!

Tjgalon

You know, i never thought of using a cn fly in, but I did use guppy and also through in a lot of blaster and mortars in(no resupply), to keep the creep back, long enough to take the spore tower, lol.