Custom Map #9625: HAPPY END OF WEEKEND!. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, August 01, 2021, 06:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9625: HAPPY END OF WEEKEND!

Author: yum234
Size: 99x99

Desc:
There is no such thing as an accident. What we call by that name is the effect of some cause which we do not see.

marvinitfox

"There is no such thing as an accident. What we call by that name is the effect of some cause which we do not see."

YArp
With that in mind:
Two cars just had a... um, "cause" at the traffic light.
Bystanders do agree that "do not see" was a strong contributing factor.

nice map though

Loren Pechtel

By the time I got to the upgrader and factory they weren't needed.  There was nothing more to do other than knock down a few walls.

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 01, 2021, 12:23:30 PM
By the time I got to the upgrader and factory they weren't needed.  There was nothing more to do other than knock down a few walls.

Factory and Upgrader designed only as help for players who need this help...  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Fresh video from Dr Gorgee:

Please, subscribe to his channel in YouTube and support Dr Gorgee!  :)
last

Johnny Haywire

Quote"There is no such thing as an accident. What we call by that name is the effect of some cause which we do not see."

YArp
With that in mind:
Bystanders do agree that "do not see" was a strong contributing factor

LOL - I've seen plenty of car accidents, and in most every case you can actually see the cause pretty clearly. And the cause is often a person who's intentionally paying attention to something other than driving.

I think he means things that occur because of what we perceive to be random chance (like winning the lottery, being hit by lightning, getting abducted by aliens, etc.). Then again, I remember a guy at school who was named "Chance", and he wasn't a small guy. We often said that every time his parents went on vacation they took a big Chance. Not sure I'd wanna expose my kid to all the jokes that could come of that. But hey, accidents happen!  8)

Great map as always, Yum! I love the steady progress and the logical flow with which you have designed these maps. I sorta missed the boss flipping to provide a boost for friendly units, but there are so many power-ups that it wasn't really necessary at all (nor was the bomb factory or the upgrade factory). So I really didn't miss it at all.

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

zidrelcade

i just want to say thank you for all custom maps specially yum i love your maps i have like 5000 hours on cw3 https://i.imgur.com/x5N25ta.png
and wanted to tell u that your maps make me happy and cure  my depression xDD i played your maps atleast 3 times or more each... sometimes starting with more of that 1.1 circles to make it faster  and sometimes without em and other types of  forms xD but thank you a lot for the maps sorry if i forget to upvote them sometimes

yum-forum

zidrrelcade-sama!
I am very impressed about above your post and also fact that it was your first post in our Forum!

Big thanks and Good lu, Sir!  :) :)
last

Johnny Haywire

Aye, I agree! Yum's maps are WAY better than Prozac! Plus, they have absolutely no negative side effects... in fact, they help your brain to function better which balances the chemicals that can get out of whack from exposure to stuff like music written by drug addicts and movies written by people who've never been happily married more than a few weeks. Don't let the world tell you the secret to happiness because it clearly has no clue.

But YUM's maps are part of the answer! And many of them even have a catchy wise saying before each map - entertainment AND education! Can't beat that with a stick... even with a stick that's better than bacon!  ;D ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

chwooly

Quote from: marvinitfox on August 01, 2021, 09:43:37 AM
"There is no such thing as an accident. What we call by that name is the effect of some cause which we do not see."

YArp
With that in mind:
Bystanders do agree that "do not see" was a strong contributing factor.

nice map though

As someone with about 40 years of working in hazardous environments and hazardous jobs. I agree with the basic premise that there is always a root cause for something happening.

However insurance companies, corporations, safety boards, and everyone else trying to erase "accident" is doing so because they want to assign blame and carelessness or malicious intent to every incident.

And honestly root cause analysis does miss the root cause on many job related incidents, it will show someone didn't follow procedures or follow safety regulations when the real culprit usually is pressure and stress from management or other workers to do something faster, or with less people or stress because of wanting a good job review.

People that point out safety hazards too often are not well liked, They are not considered team players.

Someone mentioned car accidents, While there is usually a root cause, the kid screaming in the back seat, not getting enough rest before driving, taking some medicine that causes drowsiness, coffee spilled in lap. These are not caused by malicious intent, that being said drunk/drink driving is malicious and should carry a minimum charge of attempted vehicular manslaughter if you drive with a blood alcohol above the legal limit

JMHO

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last