Custom Map #1714: Warm Welcome. By: Gotha

Started by AutoPost, June 17, 2021, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1714: Warm Welcome

Author: Gotha
Size: 250x220

Desc:
Following their only lead the duo of heroes blindly jump to a ships point of origin, Not realizing how dumb of an idea that is, They soon realize their mistake however -Story driven, Previous level is 'Lost At Sea'-

Gotha

Not a timed level this time! hooray! Enjoy some heavier ships this time around

If you're wondering where the shipyard you crashed into is located, offscreen, you're at the shipyards exist, because crafting an entire NPC area expanded the map needlessly  :P

Jimragnark

Finally a good map series
i don't see this after the decagon series
i really hope what gonna happen next  ;)

Gotha

Quote from: Jimragnark on June 18, 2021, 10:42:35 PM
Finally a good map series
i don't see this after the decagon series
i really hope what gonna happen next  ;)

Decagon is actually the main insperation, Taking a short break but the third level is largely mapped out, exact enemy placements need work and the dialouge is entirely unwriten unlike how the first two levels have been made thus far, i got the story writen up to about mission 6? maybe 7, not sure how long i'd want to run a story for, but i like the ideas i have thus far

Vertu

By any chance, how do you alter the corporate HQ to be a different ship, or is it unaltered and there are simply while the actual HQ is still unchanged.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Gotha

Quote from: Vertu on June 20, 2021, 01:56:20 PM
By any chance, how do you alter the corporate HQ to be a different ship, or is it unaltered and there are simply while the actual HQ is still unchanged.

You cannot alter the corporate HQ in any way at all sadly, likely a byproduct of this game more or less being a spinoff, the HQ i used in this one is a ship i made in http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22706.0 and placed in the map for player use

Though how you hardlock the player out of using the corporate HQ is an odd loophole, in the editor you place the custom HQ you want and the corp HQ, enable fail on HQ lost in the settings and delete the corp HQ, it'll be considered "lost forever" and you'll still have the custom one

From there design the level as you want to, remember that a save and load resets any visual noise on a level incase unpausing it would otherwise cause a problem

Other things to note is that Fail on HQ lost does also include losing on destroying enemy HQ's which is obviously a nono sometimes (see the next story level for where that was a problem for me) so if you want the HQ dying to be a mission lost but still need enemy ships with HQ nodes, what you do is disable fail on HQ lost then go into the fleet editor for the level and remove all ships, ships you already have placed aren't deleted just not on the sidebar anymore and thus cannot be rebuild upon losing them

Vertu

Ah, thank you. This clarifies some encounters I had with the editor too and I will be sure to use it in the future.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Gotha

Quote from: Vertu on June 21, 2021, 04:05:56 PM
Ah, thank you. This clarifies some encounters I had with the editor too and I will be sure to use it in the future.

Glad to help! if you need more details or help then try finding me in the KC discord, i use the same username of Gotha there