Custom Map #1762: Sweep The Keep (another PAC). By: Ranger Von Danger

Started by AutoPost, June 16, 2021, 11:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1762: Sweep The Keep (another PAC)

Author: Ranger Von Danger
Size: 230x230

CS Z

The ADA tip was quite helpful.  I just used the Field Gen + Emitter + Crimsonator combo as suggested and I think I did okay.  I didn't play with the eggs.

There is a bug that I ran into though:

Spoiler
The Thor can be selected and deleted.  I discovered that I was able to just select and delete that unit after I had already gone far it and mostly ran it out of ammo.  Looks like it was the only selectable unit.
[close]

Shatterstep

The airship can be controlled by the player and turned off. Noticed when I was almost finished with the map.

I really dig the layout and it has good pacing. Seriously, quite pretty.

Tasteful use of mesh. I think the way you used mesh encourages newer players to realize they have that tool at their disposal. It would have been nice if the emitter given at the start could anchor part of the mesh so as to free up the player from doing it.

Wish all the PAC commands were grouped together a bit more so I'm not constantly jumping between 3 different tabs :p

Excellent map. This has to be your best yet :)

Ranger Von Danger

Quote from: CS Z on June 17, 2021, 01:39:52 AM
The ADA tip was quite helpful.  I just used the Field Gen + Emitter + Crimsonator combo as suggested and I think I did okay.  I didn't play with the eggs.

There is a bug that I ran into though:

Spoiler
The Thor can be selected and deleted.  I discovered that I was able to just select and delete that unit after I had already gone far it and mostly ran it out of ammo.  Looks like it was the only selectable unit.
[close]

>.< idk why that keeps happening!

Shatterstep

Quote from: Ranger Von Danger on June 17, 2021, 12:57:32 PM
>.< idk why that keeps happening!

I find that can happen when adding units long after I had laid everything else down. Triggering a recompile of scripts, saving, then loading, then saving seems to work for locking things down. Admittedly that feels like the 'just restart your computer type of advice :/

Considering I'm a computer programmer I should feel a little ashamed for not knowing the specifics, lol.

Vyce223

Overall a very enjoyable map. Had a bit of toughness crossing the bridge and breaching the keep walls, though maybe the beginning was a bit easy as it felt you got so many ERNs so quickly with little resistance.

That said, I'm not sure if intended or a big possibly, I found the AI not using any power to shoot or anything. So even near the end it wasn't starving of power after hitting the mines.

Shatterstep

I wonder why this map is tagged as easy. This felt like it had some challenge and it wasn't a cakewalk. You don't want a map so difficult that large chunks of the player base can't complete.

Seems like there are many tags that aren't being applied consistently. Some tags feel really unfair in how they have been applied to maps. Alas, how frustrating.