Custom Map #1760: payback round 5. By: GuardianDragonlord

Started by AutoPost, June 16, 2021, 03:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1760: payback round 5

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 320x200

heritor

I only just noticed your way of providing increasing power to the Creeper player is the ERN Maker.
Cool move!
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

Malignantmind

I just learned that you can place mesh on void, provided there's some creeper already there. I was wondering how I was supposed to get out of the starting area. Especially after one of the pre-placed emitters (just south of the northern blob nests) vanished. Not sure if that was intentional or not?

GuardianDragonlord

Quote from: heritor on June 16, 2021, 06:13:44 AM
I only just noticed your way of providing increasing power to the Creeper player is the ERN Maker.
Cool move!
yes that's actually a really clever way to give players power without actually decorating the whole map with ERN

Quote from: Malignantmind on June 16, 2021, 02:30:43 PM
I just learned that you can place mesh on void, provided there's some creeper already there. I was wondering how I was supposed to get out of the starting area. Especially after one of the pre-placed emitters (just south of the northern blob nests) vanished. Not sure if that was intentional or not?
at this level of difficulty of the payback series you're expected to actually to launch blobs everywhere and to pacifically Target using a launcher blob at the actual nullifier to reset it to stop it, for evey overcharging you kill a nullifier the overcharge is disabled.

it you want to play as the player in this map go look up the map name "at the end creeper win round 5" #614

Malignantmind

Quote from: GuardianDragonlord on June 16, 2021, 04:05:01 PM
Quote from: heritor on June 16, 2021, 06:13:44 AM
Cool move!
yes that's actually a really clever way to give players power without actually decorating the whole map with ERN

at this level of difficulty of the payback series you're expected to actually to launch blobs everywhere and to pacifically Target using a launcher blob at the actual nullifier to reset it to stop it, for evey overcharging you kill a nullifier the overcharge is disabled.

it you want to play as the player in this map go look up the map name "at the end creeper win round 5" #614

Ah. Well, the mesh route was much easier than trying to use single shot launchers to do anything. And at a certain point there's so much creeper/AC that it just flows over the void like it's not even there even without mesh. On this one the only time I actually needed to use the special units was the very end because those airships are crazy strong. Several hundred spores did the trick though.

knightace

Well one thing I learned to do this differently- I saw the AC was spilling into the void at a lower AC level than anticipated...so I realized the spillover level was lower on this map. I slapped emitters down next to the edge of the land and threw a fieldgen behind it, shoving creeper over to pile up on the edge and spill into the void. Voila, started the map and just ran west, destroying the bombers. Then I curved northwest...again tossing down emitters and a fieldgen to cross the void - repeating this to end up at the center and cause the "hold" condition to fail around the 20min mark. =]

feezus

I'm seeing some weird nullifier behavior on this map.

On my PC, If a skimmer disables a nullifier, any nullified creeper buildings will be destroyed. It would be one thing if I could avoid this problem by not building skimmer spawns, but they exist in the starting area and are slowly removing buildings from the map.

I can't tell if blobs are causing the same problem.

alche

mmm, i got the idea for this but basically i just won the game with blob spamming without even leaving the 2nd island, so all the maze and all the air sac launchers were irrelevant, i guess some tweak is needed to be able to fight thru the maze and reach the central point sooner.
another thing i have some issues with is the ern mechanic, i think it will be better to just give the player an ern after x amount of time, cos if i manage to destroy the factory or saturate reddon with air attacks, the ern production stops (which happened in a couple of maps)

still had fun

CS Z

I had a similar experience.  I first crossed over from the starting island the hard way by focusing a couple of blobs on a nullifier and waited until the emitter to the north cleared enough AC to drop my own emitters.  However, I then discovered I could use Field Gen to rapidly push creeper across void.  After I figured that out, I skipped the maze and went for the rift lab.

I think the mission 4RPL periodically blows up the preplaced units.  Most of the preplaced units blow up if creeper touches them.  They are mostly useless as a result.  If you go for the totem objective, the units on the starting island blow up before you even start, so I think nullification is also a factor in whether or not a unit is destroyed.

Completed the main objective by spamming blobs.