Custom Map #1750: FPS: All Your Base. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, June 13, 2021, 10:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1750: FPS: All Your Base

Author: Heritor
Size: 256x160

Jimragnark

FINALLY the sleeper AI has been created,now no one can beat the sleeper in the future

also what is this green liquid on the gates?

Squornshellous Beta

Significant lag spikes every ten to fifteen seconds as the sleeper lab generated new little snipable things, halting the game for around a full second. I'm assuming that's when the AI as a whole runs or something, in which case it might be worth trying to spread it out somewhat if that can be feasibly done.

Durikkan

It looks like it works fairly well.  Though I don't think I saw any bats at all for the entire mission, so not sure if that was intentional or not given that they appeared in your preview. 

It's a little bit hard to break out of your starting area, as I ended up with a half dozen weapons outside of the door to the side on both doors.  Autodefense is also still a bit of a curse, because it pops the orbs when they're resting on the launcher, causing them to generate a lot more creeper.  I took it because I figured it would help with the builders, but forgot it kind of has negative value when the sleeper mortars exist. 

Eventually I determined the optimal way to play this map is be very aggressive, and just run through the creeper so you can better destroy things, having the taking damage alarm blaring at you constantly, and just taking the high ground whenever you need to heal.   There's too much innate generation to slowly and methodically work your way through in any decent time frame, so it's better to speed through and take out the generators, then come back after you've killed the core and destroy the creeper.
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

Shatterstep

I didn't notice any significant lag. I have 32 GB RAM and a decent machine, so that may be why.

It was an enjoyable map, though I had to rely heavily on the AC breeder to make headway. I really like how each resource gatherer is so different in color and shape. It is a good evolution for the sleeper style maps.

CS Z

Felt unbalanced to me.  A 45 minute slog that suddenly accelerated into a 10 minute cheese rush

It took me about 45 minutes to lay down enough AC breeder and get enough upgrades to make progress and then 10 minutes to clear about half of the map and blow up 70+ units that the AI generated at the end of the mission (i.e. they weren't spaced out very well - "shooting fish in a barrel" came to mind).

Shatterstep

Quote from: CS Z on June 13, 2021, 09:15:52 PM
Felt unbalanced to me.  A 45 minute slog that suddenly accelerated into a 10 minute cheese rush

It took me about 45 minutes to lay down enough AC breeder and get enough upgrades to make progress and then 10 minutes to clear about half of the map and blow up 70+ units that the AI generated at the end of the mission (i.e. they weren't spaced out very well - "shooting fish in a barrel" came to mind).

Played out exactly the same for me. Kept going until enough AC breeder and upgrades, then quick clearing of everything. Was still enjoyable for me.

rowlet

Fun map. A bit of a back and forth to start with trying to keep areas clear but still fun none the less.
Did find an odd bug though.
I have no explanation as this is the effect from skimmers disable field and there weren't any from what I saw.

heritor

Quote from: rowlet on June 16, 2021, 07:20:58 AM
Fun map. A bit of a back and forth to start with trying to keep areas clear but still fun none the less.
Did find an odd bug though.
I have no explanation as this is the effect from skimmers disable field and there weren't any from what I saw.

Oooh, that's meant to be the Creeper superweapon (Conversion) firing. The sparks is the warning for when the 60s countdown finishes, it'll drop a conversion bomb on that pile of AC.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

rowlet

Yeah still a bit bugged.
Played through a second time and the effect never appeared even once.
Also might be a good idea to make you lose health and armour faster in deeper creep. Their is no difference between standing in 0.1 deep creep and 10+deep so it was kind of easy to just bumrush info caches and creep miners before heading to the end.

Sigfried

Yeah, I got bored trying to keep the initial area clear much less push past the flip breeder gates. Losing battle the whole time.