Custom Map #131: Assault 3

Started by AutoPost, August 31, 2011, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #131: Assault 3

Author: J

Desc:
A new, improved and much harder version of Assault.

Kithros

It's possible to shield off the creeper before it begins firing at all, leaving nothing to do except dig through the terrain and pick up the bunker.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on August 31, 2011, 10:37:24 AM
It's possible to shield off the creeper before it begins firing at all, leaving nothing to do except dig through the terrain and pick up the bunker.

That is what I did. I way over built expecting a fight... But when I saw that oppurtunity, I took it. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grauniad

I really dislike maps that use those two top rows... :(
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

J

You only need the 2 top rows when finishing. I'll try to upload a new version that fixes this and this:
Quote from: Kithros on August 31, 2011, 10:37:24 AM
If there are some other ways to complete fast please tell me so I can fix this.

Karsten75

I think I'm going to have to let it go... :( There's no way I can find the extra 2.2 seconds between my time and that of Kithros. :(

Sure was fun trying.. all 50 times. :P

essentialatom

I'm trying to block it off before it fires but I just can't make it in time. It'll always get through my shields, then I'll try to build more but the energy units will be blocked off by creeper, and then I'm done for.

And when you've fixed it so this tactic doesn't work there's absolutely no chance I'll complete it :P

Kithros

Quote from: essentialatom on September 01, 2011, 07:57:36 PM
I'm trying to block it off before it fires but I just can't make it in time. It'll always get through my shields, then I'll try to build more but the energy units will be blocked off by creeper, and then I'm done for.

And when you've fixed it so this tactic doesn't work there's absolutely no chance I'll complete it :P

Build shields in front of the emitter - don't wall off the huge space.

EDIT: Oh, and I found another oversight in the map - you can blow up the anti-creeper puddles at the start with repulsors, I took off another 14 seconds with that (and it might make the map easily beaten with the shields fixed still).

J

Quote from: Kithros on September 01, 2011, 08:51:08 PM
Build shields in front of the emitter - don't wall off the huge space.

EDIT: Oh, and I found another oversight in the map - you can blow up the anti-creeper puddles at the start with repulsors, I took off another 14 seconds with that (and it might make the map easily beaten with the shields fixed still).
Thanks for reporting
Quote from: essentialatom on September 01, 2011, 07:57:36 PM

I completed it whiteout using shields to block off the the creeper or using repulsors.

Karsten75

I played this version and just play-tested the new "fixed" version. The new version is *so* much worse.  It is a pity we can't rate maps anymore. This one was fun, the new one is not nearly as much fun.  But then, I guess you didn't make the map for us to have fun...

Bird

I played this map the hard way. I started by quickly building a micro rift below the emitters and nullified them before the creeper weapons started firing. I had to defend the ship with a few blasters until I finally stopped the creeper weapons. The bunker managed to defend itself before I got  to it. ;)

essentialatom

Quote from: J on September 02, 2011, 08:44:16 AM
I completed it whiteout using shields to block off the the creeper or using repulsors.

Oh, no question it's beatable by doing it properly, but I'm not very good or smart :p

Katra

I nullified the emitters, then very slowly fought my way out until I could finish digging my way into the bunker. (I found two handy 1 subcell pools of anti creeper top center once all the streams from the emitter ran out.)  I found repulsors  handy for knocking apart creeper bullets. Just need to have enough blasters or  a maker to mop up the spilled creeper.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

garry131

I am still having fun with this map, trying to defeat it without going after the emmitors...

I checked the replies for any tips, and found several.

So far I can only say that J's maps are a lot of fun!!!

this has a real cool "complete mastery" of the use of fields...

Remember when we only had the CW1 editor to vent our creativity towards.

Life is good!