Custom Map #2419: Anti-Creeper Generator

Started by AutoPost, August 12, 2013, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

Angel

Beat the map, there was a square of about 2000m creeper, I quit. Good map, just wish there a way to of changed that.
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

teknotiss

did you assume yum didn't give CBombs?   ::)
pretty sure i used a CBomb at the end for the C left in the AC generator
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

fitz

Quote from: teknotiss on August 13, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

There are CBombs! Don't you just hate it when you battle with a map and miss the experimentals.

Oh beth yw ffwl i am.

teknotiss

Quote from: fitz on August 13, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on August 13, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

There are CBombs! Don't you just hate it when you battle with a map and miss the experimentals.

Oh beth yw ffwl i am.

something about being a fool?
i think.
you and your welsh fitz  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

PMouser

I cant do this, there is not enough energy, please help thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

pause at the start. use "n" to play frame by frame (hold "n" for playing the building parts, let go for instant pause)
build a shield about 3 squares down the tube. build 3 reactors at the same time.
build (one after the other) 2 more reactors. build another shield above the first, then start a blaster above the shields. build more reactors one at a time while the blaster builds. cut straight down the leftside solid terrain blocks, leaving one square of terrain between the tube and the path you dig, til you are level with the AC chamber.
keep building reactors on the top level and build more blasters i think i had 4 in total!
cut a path for the AC to flow from the chamber to the tube.
win  ::)
hope that helps  8)

Benabik

A conversion bomb for the AC generator?  I've thrown a couple dozen at it (detonating them one after the other) and the creeper will overtake a nullifier in about three seconds.

PumpkinDog

Quote from: Benabik on August 15, 2013, 01:56:27 PM
A conversion bomb for the AC generator?  I've thrown a couple dozen at it (detonating them one after the other) and the creeper will overtake a nullifier in about three seconds.

same here... not sure how to nullify the 2000000000k creep generators

Grauniad

A conversion bomb for the AC generator?  I've thrown a couple dozen at it (detonating them one after the other) and the creeper will overtake a nullifier in about three seconds.

If you see a huge boulder in your path. Do you try to dig through it or do you go around?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on August 15, 2013, 02:47:41 PM
A conversion bomb for the AC generator?  I've thrown a couple dozen at it (detonating them one after the other) and the creeper will overtake a nullifier in about three seconds.

If you see a huge boulder in your path. Do you try to dig through it or do you go around?

ah i see, that is they didn't see that an enemies weapon may be turned against them  ;)

Quote from: PumpkinDog on August 15, 2013, 02:35:36 PM

same here... not sure how to nullify the 2000000000k creep generators

the AC generator is generating AC so you find it easy to kill the other gateways and emitters but those in the generator are too strong/fast
Spoiler
look closely at them, they have a push field in the direction of creeper flow, this means if you open the terrain square that is next to the 3 clear subcells in the square the emitter is in you can nullify the emitter no worries, then it's just the C left in the generator chamber that won't reach critical mass and turn to AC that needs a CBomb
[close]
hope that helps  8)

pocketdare

Great map! Energy challenged in the beginning until the creeper saves the day! Took a couple resets but finally found the right balance between shields, generators and blasters to hold off the forces of evil until I could dig through to the AC. Then done!