Custom Map: Creeper Hollow

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2011, 11:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigster

Happy now? :)

I got twelve seconds off on the last go and I reckon I could possibly get it under 9:30!

I suspect I'll find a new challenge, though.

MadMag

Nice work, I think your time will be hard to beat, if even possible..

DethbyIT

Call me naive, but I keep looking at your 'Spoilers' - just hoping to find a way to beat 20 minutes.

*LOL*
dbit

Pigster

I'll post a series of screenshots showing how I get over 10 energy by the time the spores hit, that should help to cut down your time.

Pigster

Before I begin:

After the start, after three construction blobs have set off, build the collector where I'm hovering. Once that collector builds build another connecting to the collector on the bottom left. Five blobs into its construction build a collector on the right. After that one has built, wait three blobs into the construction of the one below it build the collector on the left.

With 4:28 before the spores, start the building of the reactors surrounding the city, then on 4:26 build a blaster here:

Which should start firing at pretty much the last moment before the creeper gets the collector.

From this point you have to be miserly with the ammo. Do not let the blaster fill up! Let the chain of collectors build, and start a second reactor. When the upgrade is connected, choose 10% less to build and build more reactors.

At 2:30 before the spores you should look something like:

Note, with only 3.6 energy production and five things building, the built blaster will not be reloaded properly - which is fine as it will pause every five shots waiting for another blob, but will still hold back the flow. Add more reactors and the one collector on the left (see below). Once the second blaster builds and clears a safe patch of creeper, deactivate it (Q) so it doesn't fill up. Build more reactors and a blaster which you will fly to here (to build the collector and get the second upgrade):

Choose the 10% more energy and move the blaster above the first one you built (sacrificing the collector). Now you build more reactors until 28 second before the spores, when you build your first SAM at the bottom of your area and with 20 seconds to go build two more.

Voila:

The three reactors build before the spores hit – 10.6 energy should get you started.

MadMag

Great tutorial for a good start.