Rating System

Started by chwooly, December 11, 2020, 10:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

Why is there 1?

I can't think of any way to have made the rating system any less useful.

It is sad that as a society we have gotten so afraid of hurt feelings that we no longer can engage and show dissenting opinions. So now if you don't like something your opinion is unwelcome and unimportant, Just give a thumbs up and move on. So the bully's have won here as well.

Sad day indeed.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Quizwit2

CW3's rating system was nice and simple. On the other hand, providing a reason for a low rating could be useful. ("Too hard" says as much about the player as about the map; "boring" is fatal; etc.) Perhaps a combination--a numerical rating plus a checkbox (no ad libs) for specific comments on length, difficulty, etc.

I ran through the basic maps in the first day or two of ownership and then headed for colonies, and the other options. Briefly glanced at the rating system and decided I needed a manual for it.

BTW--messed up my original login for the forums. TimmyB=Quizwit2 for CW3=Edouard IV for CW4.

Karsten75

Quote from: chwooly on December 11, 2020, 10:03:49 PM

It is sad that as a society we have gotten so afraid of hurt feelings that we no longer can engage and show dissenting opinions. So now if you don't like something your opinion is unwelcome and unimportant, Just give a thumbs up and move on. So the bully's have won here as well.

Sad day indeed.

Says the person who upped stakes and left in a huff at a misinterpreted response on Discord.  You could have stayed and provided input as a beta tester during development, rather than now stand here and take potshots.

chwooly

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 21, 2020, 11:03:54 AM
Quote from: chwooly on December 11, 2020, 10:03:49 PM

Sad day indeed.

Says the person who upped stakes and left in a huff at a misinterpreted response on Discord.  You could have stayed and provided input as a beta tester during development, rather than now stand here and take potshots.

Here's the problem, It is so easy to be banned due to misunderstandings and since I have been a member here for about 8 years, it was easier (and smarter)for me to leave then to risk getting banned due to a "Misinterpreted response" by a "Community Guild" member who had previously shown their distain for me on other posts and recommendations I had made.

My feelings about the rating system has been public knowledge for a few years here, I have made a few comments on CW4 of which 2 were design comments, 1 was agreeing with someone else and this 1 here. I bought CW4 to support KC and will continue to do so in the future. 

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

flamewolf393

I hate any rating system that is just thumbs up or down. I want to be able to put partial scores. 1-5 stars systems are perfect. But what im really getting annoyed at is the conflicting tags on the maps. Ive seen both hard and easy tags on the same map.

GoodMorning

flamewolf393 - Different people have different senses of what is "hard" or "easy", and as some players become more practiced, their perspectives change. Mine certainly did on some of the first CW3 maps I'd played - looking at my post history here might illustrate that.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.