Custom Fleet Usage

Started by Ranakastrasz, October 06, 2016, 11:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

I managed to create some custom ships, but using them ingame isn't as easy. You can use a sandbox fleet for any campaign, but not for the Simulacrum. Also, if you setup a custom fleet, there is no way to reset to back to the old lineup.

How can you use custom ships in Simulacrum, and how can you reset the fleet lineup for custom fleets in campaign?

Relli

You can reset to the default fleet by leaving the ship selection page and re-entering it. As for the Simulacrum, I also see no way to add custom ships to the lineup. You might suggest for that to be added.

Ranakastrasz

I left and entered and it did not reset.

Nicant

You can add custom ships to the simulacrum. What you have to do is find a mission you want to play, then press launch game. After your launched the game, select sandbox fleet. That will allow you to use the custom ships you made for the simulacrum!
CW4 hype!!

Relli

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on October 07, 2016, 12:19:59 AM
My best guess, you didn't go back far enough. When I pressed the button to take me out of the page where you choose which ships to bring with you, it took me back to the page where you choose the story mission. I picked it again, and once it loaded, I once again picked the custom fleet option. When the ship-choosing page was back up, all the ships were the default ships, even though I had deleted them all previously and replaced them with 6 lathes.
My second best guess is that the key difference is that you started the level after picking units while I did not. Perhaps that caused the fleet chosen to Save.
Either way, the addition of a simple Default button in the select page would solve this issue real fast.

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Nicant on October 07, 2016, 06:39:51 AM
You can add custom ships to the simulacrum. What you have to do is find a mission you want to play, then press launch game. After your launched the game, select sandbox fleet. That will allow you to use the custom ships you made for the simulacrum!
When I did that I went straight into the game.

Edit:

Tried it again, and it showed up fine. No idea what happened. At all.

Nicant

Quote from: Relli on October 07, 2016, 06:57:53 AM
Quote from: Ranakastrasz on October 07, 2016, 12:19:59 AM
My best guess, you didn't go back far enough. When I pressed the button to take me out of the page where you choose which ships to bring with you, it took me back to the page where you choose the story mission. I picked it again, and once it loaded, I once again picked the custom fleet option. When the ship-choosing page was back up, all the ships were the default ships, even though I had deleted them all previously and replaced them with 6 lathes.
My second best guess is that the key difference is that you started the level after picking units while I did not. Perhaps that caused the fleet chosen to Save.
Either way, the addition of a simple Default button in the select page would solve this issue real fast.
Here is a step by step way to use custom ships...

So First you want to make a simulacrum map, after you do that launch the mission like normal.

After you press launch from the simulacrum screen, check off the Sandbox Fleet option, and then press launch Mission.

You should now be on the screen you see below. What you want to do now is press custom. (as indicated by the red arrow)

When you clicked custom, you should see all of the ship you have made on the side where the default ships were. After that, start to delete the ships that you will have for your mission.

Finally, after you delete all of those ship on the left, click on your custom ship(s) that you want in your mission and then press the button that says "Add ship to mission inventory".

When you do all of theses steps, you can now play with your custom ships on your simulacrum map! :)
CW4 hype!!

Ranakastrasz

The problem was that the second menu didn't show up the first time. No idea why. It did after that, and worked fine after that.