Does anybody know how PAC maps work?

Started by invaderhive, July 20, 2015, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

invaderhive

Does anybody know of a good tutorial for these types of maps. I am not able to place any digitalis at all or anything.

Edit: nevermind. I found on the forums that I can Press H for help ingame.

ghostwalker13

I've always been wondering.
When I play PAC maps, I can't place anything at all.

Now, since we're in the technological revolution, there are several explanations why.
I think it may be to do with my CW3 being 1 update behind. So do you have to update in order to play them?

Or have the map makers implemented the wrong PAC template?

Or a problem with my computer not being able to render [ REDACTED ].

If you know solution to my problem, please tell me...

Linden

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but do you mean which controls to press to play the game? To lay down digitalis, and place emitters, etc? If so, I'll be happy to give you a list of those I know.

If it's a more techie question (coding etc) then I can't help, sorry.

ghostwalker13

That would be greatly appreciated!

But:

When I try the keys: 1, 2, 3 - it does absolutely nothing.
   "Q, E, R" - Nope.
    I try clicking on the available units / Creeper units - Nopity nope nope.

So. It's either my PC acting like absolute &%$£, or the map templates of the other PAC maps, or it's my hotkeys.
But, whatever. :P
If you can help, then by all means, please do.

mzimmer74

Can you place them by clicking on the button?  In other words, instead of hitting "1" click on the digitalis button and see if that works.  If that works and the numbers don't then I'd guess you've mapped some keys in a way that breaks the PAC mapping.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

warren

I assume you are trying to place units on powerzones with live digitalis under them?

The keys and the instructions should definitely match if you are using a USA101 qwerty keyboard.

A PAC map that is unbeatable cannot be uploaded, and will not get good scores.

17gamer

Make sure you have the latest version of Creeper World 3 installed (2.08) This fixed it for me when I had a similar problem.