Freeze on Quit (OS X)

Started by katanna, March 29, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katanna

Howdy!

I am running Mavericks, just installed CW3 via Steam (I have had CW3 installed since it came out). Everything works fine, except when I quit the Steam version of CW3: it leaves fullscreen mode (the main window closes) but the app itself hangs. Right clicking on the dock icon it says "Application Not Responding." I have to force quit it to get it to actually shut down.

Any thoughts as to what may be causing this? It is a minor inconvenience, I just wanted to point it out...

BTW: follow me on Steam: Katanna

Matthew

knucracker

I've seen this too. It seems to come and go and my only guess is that it has something to do with the steam overlay. That might explain why it appeared for a few days then went away for a few then came back. Steam might have been making some changes over time.

That is just a theory though. It could also have something to do with unity or an interaction between unity and the steam overlay.

If anything shakes out I'll let you know.

d0min0rient

I've also been experiencing the crashing on exit, the Player.log is attached below (I'm using Mountain Lion). The "Error reading KQ:Interrupted system call" at the end could point to the problem. Disabling the Steam overlay does not have any effect.

Thanks for looking into this!

knucracker

I've seen this too and it only happens in the steam version.  Not sure if it has to do with the way steam shuts down or what...  I've been unable to do anything that affects it.