Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9891: Spore flipper CRPL B-1

Author: builder17
Size: 128x84

Desc:
#CRPL #AC #Medium difficulty #Speedrun

teknotiss

this should have a #seriouslyrandomspores tag i think ;)

i have had about 5 restarts and tried a few approaches but it is hard to gauge how each one compares to the others since the spores are so primary in C production...

ahh well, i will crack it on one restart or another, but this is not a game for those who like a straight forwards approach!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Builder17

Quote from: teknotiss on February 26, 2022, 01:54:53 PM
this should have a #seriouslyrandomspores tag i think ;)

i have had about 5 restarts and tried a few approaches but it is hard to gauge how each one compares to the others since the spores are so primary in C production...

ahh well, i will crack it on one restart or another, but this is not a game for those who like a straight forwards approach!  8)

Guess I should've put in the #Puzzle tag after all  :o

Weasee

well, for me the #Speedrun tag is like a red rag to a bull  ;D

@teknotiss: the "C spores" are only a problem if they actually get to fire  :P

D0m0nik

Weasee

:D
Hint1:
Spoiler
That spore flipper sure is annoying at the start, sucking up energy
[close]

Hint2:
Spoiler
The furthest spore flipper is in the top left, so build packet priority should be on this path (until you get an energy resource pack)
[close]

Hint3:
Spoiler
No guppy-grid trick from Martin here... or is there?
[close]

D0m0nik

Need the emoji with an explosion out of the head for this!

Builder17

Quote from: Weasee on February 27, 2022, 04:32:50 AM
Hint3:
Spoiler
No guppy-grid trick from Martin here... or is there?
[close]

Spoiler
Not getting Hint3, mind giving some background story on this guppy-grid trick you are mentioning? :)
[close]

DWCW3

Is there some other map I'm supposed to play first that explains any of the mechanics going on here?

teknotiss

Quote from: DWCW3 on February 28, 2022, 10:11:23 AM
Is there some other map I'm supposed to play first that explains any of the mechanics going on here?

yes.

this one!

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=40423.0

8)

but basically you need to provide power to the "spore flipper" towers and the C spores become AC spores.  stop providing power and they go back to being C spores.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus