Started by AutoPost, July 21, 2021, 01:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2026: Numb- Queens Return v1.1

Author: numberguy
Size: 320x200

numberguy

Welcome to my  Numbs Queens Return v1.1

Some enemies were nerfed or buffed in their own ways.

As far as I could tell the rocks were unable to be exploitable unless you could 'cheat' ( force select ) rocks since they are now unselectable.

- Updated the info about the unit(s) ingame A.D.A. message.
- Touched a little bit of terrain ( maybe noticable. )
Some areas might take a little more effort now and some less, the rocks certainly helped with their random targeting now, i was lucky a couple times when they targeted the nullifiers over everything else haha.

Greytusks

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more PAC maps of this type.

numberguy

Quote from: Greytusks on July 21, 2021, 12:01:01 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more PAC maps of this type.

Not a problem :D

I will be needing opinions though if I am to update this map one more time or if I am just to make a different map instead.
if I update this map itll be to add couple more enemies and or make the map a little more harder as well with adding rebuild AI, if its fine as is ill hold off the rebuild for next map and say this ones done.

CS Z

There are a couple of people are posting 4 to 10 minute times.  Either they got super lucky with the RNG for Rocks or there's still a cheese bug floating around.

Malignantmind

Quote from: CS Z on July 21, 2021, 08:10:53 PM
There are a couple of people are posting 4 to 10 minute times.  Either they got super lucky with the RNG for Rocks or there's still a cheese bug floating around.

My best guess would be chaining eggs maybe. Eggs only seem to go off when they're within a certain range of creeper. If you save up enough, you might be able to chain enough to get to the rift lab in under 10 minutes maybe?

numberguy

My best guess would be chaining eggs maybe. Eggs only seem to go off when they're within a certain range of creeper. If you save up enough, you might be able to chain enough to get to the rift lab in under 10 minutes maybe?

I mean.. youre probably not wrong with the egg chain haha.. it has a big range and with enough eggs and creep power you can ProBably just overwhelm the core since .. if i remember correctly .. has few defences that actually reach it? only things keeping it up is the AC and the few turrets sitting in there, the eggs would be best bet if you have enough to out-put the couple turrets and then use the cursor-creep to keep an everexpanding creep under the core for a GG. 
I can't complain bout that method because im too lazy to do it, to each their own. :)

AgRecluse

Still fun, and I really liked the addition of more creeper units further behind enemy lines. That the further units were well defended meant you can't just egg chain your way to freeing them to early. It felt like "progress" when they got freed. Good job on extending the fight with weak breeder, too

Unfortunately, I didn't like the addition of the cursor mechanic, sry  :( I enjoyed the last LPAC map because it limited engagement. I made choices and watched how they played out, but the cursor makes it feel like there's always something I need to be doing, if that makes sense  :-\ There's already cursor levels, but you do you if that's how you want the map to play. I eagerly wait the next installment!  ;D

numberguy

Quote from: AgRecluse on July 22, 2021, 03:27:35 AM
Still fun, and I really liked the addition of more creeper units further behind enemy lines. That the further units were well defended meant you can't just egg chain your way to freeing them to early. It felt like "progress" when they got freed. Good job on extending the fight with weak breeder, too

Unfortunately, I didn't like the addition of the cursor mechanic, sry  :( I enjoyed the last LPAC map because it limited engagement. I made choices and watched how they played out, but the cursor makes it feel like there's always something I need to be doing, if that makes sense  :-\ There's already cursor levels, but you do you if that's how you want the map to play. I eagerly wait the next installment!  ;D

I understand where youre coming from, i dont think you ' had ' to use the cursor mechanic but it was in both versions of my installment but not the original, cursor mechanic is there just incase you want to use it, i got away with not using it much since I relied on the eggs as well, i used the cursor to just keep the creep under the nullifier to break them with less eggs.
As long as you don't stress yourself too much you technically dont have to worry about additional mechanics if you dont want to use them dont, itll be like a "challenge" to yourself to see how far you can get or how much you can do without using it.

- Weak breeder is just enough to keep things going and not too much "pressure" to make the game drag on for hours at a time, I enjoy it as well. :)  Delays the inevitable.

I might shove in an "easy/medium" LPAC map next or another medium/hard installment next, I can't wait for my next project either but I'm also working on code behind the scenes. ;)

PlankTheCookie

I absolutely love these types of maps. I've not got much to say on the map except that I've really enjoyed the two maps so far. :)

westyx

I couldn't work out what the cursor mechanic was, but I really enjoyed this map.

I especially enjoyed that the ai didn't rebuild - it meant that I was always making progress.

AgRecluse

I beat the map leveling nothing but the skimmer nest. It took an hour and a half. And it was glorious  8)

phischphood

I really enjoyed this. I definitely prefer when the units don't respawn. Perhaps could have done with a few more m-rifts, I was able to cut off significant amounts of their resource supply by working my way around the edge then across, but that was kind of fun too. Took me about 40 minutes.

westyx

I started the map and thought the cursor wasn't working - it turns out that with the anti-creeper and the small amount generated that it's impossible to see if the cursor is working.

I played it as a LPAC map then started using the cursor when it generated enough creep to matter.