Started by AutoPost, April 24, 2023, 07:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3063: Drone attack

Author: Luckydragon

Desc:
Destroy the drones

SmileyCoder

I feel like I've tried 30 different combinations, yet I still can't crack this.
Any hints?
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Luckydragon

You should put the shields as close to the gateways as possible to buy yourself as much time as possible. Use spare energy to build blasters (use disconnect so you don't use more energy then you have). Try to use blasters as much as possible as blasters are more energy efficiƫnt then shields.

If you can get two blasters fast enough you can survive forever while slowly gaining energy. (You can get the second blaster at 1:15 at best 1:30 should be fast enough).

SmileyCoder

I can get 2 blasters, but mine deffo cannot survive forever. I get them around 1:25, and start to gain energy, but around 2:05 they always end up being overwhelmed. I don't know if there is some "magic" position for the blasters, I've tried both above, and below LS, but once the top spawner increases pace, the blasters are overwhelmed.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Luckydragon

Quote from: SmileyCoder on July 23, 2023, 05:12:44 PMI can get 2 blasters, but mine deffo cannot survive forever. I get them around 1:25, and start to gain energy, but around 2:05 they always end up being overwhelmed. I don't know if there is some "magic" position for the blasters, I've tried both above, and below LS, but once the top spawner increases pace, the blasters are overwhelmed.
two things are important for surviving with two blasters.

Spoiler
1. you can't cover everything with two blasters. the other spawners must be protected with shields
[close]

Spoiler
2. after some time those shields have to be rebuilt. To do this the drones must be pushed back. This should allow 2 shields on the sides and 3 at the top and bottom.

If you can't go forward one cell with a blaster without a drone destroying it try this:
Spoiler
To better
sync its shots with the spawner quickly disarm and arm it again
[close]
[close]

If you can find a way to do this succesfully you can survive forever.