Custom Map: Terra Malum

Started by AutoPost, August 03, 2011, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Terra Malum

Author: CatoSterling

Desc:
A survey team is stranded on planet Terra Malum. You are their only hope for rescue.

If things get frantic, remember that you can Pause the game and catch up on the action.

thepenguin

somebody appears to have taken latin :)

it is really nice for "mystical" map names
We have become the creeper...

CatoSterling

True!

Latin/Roman is also good for keeping ribald references from young eyes.  None in this map, of course...   ;)

HiredGun

DethbyIT

Ouch!
That isn't very specific.

I'll admit that this is a very difficult map to figure out...in fact, some might call it "Hard"!

@Cato - I might have to wait a few days and see if anyone but you can figure out where to build the relays. If I could figure out how to use the Map Editor, it would probably help.

Good map & I'm working it.
Thanks,
dbit

CatoSterling

That's OK, not everyone likes every map.  It can also be frustrating to start a map, and not be able to finish it.  Been there!

This map requires a little out-of-the-box thinking to protect the Expanse from the spores.

Once that is done, the relay placement isn't as hopeless as it first appears; persistence pays.

DethbyIT

Quote from: CatoSterling on August 04, 2011, 10:22:58 AM
This map requires a little out-of-the-box thinking to protect the Expanse from the spores.

Once that is done, the relay placement isn't as hopeless as it first appears; persistence pays.

I'm thinking that flying relays of SAM's is the only way to protect the middle. Likewise, flying relays of Blasters, Mortars, and Drones to keep the calderas clean.

I had to take a break to do some real work and will give it another shot.
Thanks,
dbit

DethbyIT

Aha!
OK, now that I've figured it out...time for another run.

Definitely a 5x5 game.
dbit

DethbyIT

CatoSterling

Excellent, glad you liked it.  And you've gone and beaten my time, you rascal.

DethbyIT

Quote from: CatoSterling on August 04, 2011, 05:16:32 PM
Excellent, glad you liked it.  And you've gone and beaten my time, you rascal.

LOL!
Way too much time on my hands!

I imagine this will get some play from the better CW gamers.