Custom Map #905: Reactors Only 6. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #905: Reactors Only 6

Author: FOXX
Size: 250x360

Desc:
The Adventure Continues !! MireWarp by PlanetFall Teleporter by Virgil Construction Pylon by GoodMorning Burst Emitter by Sorrontis Scripting by Stickman & FOXX

ChaosMaster130

Aha! Finally got in the #1 slot in one of these maps  8)
For now anyway...
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

FOXX

And with a whopping time, I don't see anybody beat that time Chaosmaster130.
Impressive.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

bananasandwich

What does the Construction Pylon do? I have built ships near it, which triggers a cool down, but I'm not sure what the effect is.

GoodMorning

The Pylon builds the bridge (CM) of the ship instantly, no matter how large it is. So it is best used on the largest of ships.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bananasandwich

Ahh, now I realize that I don't know the process of how ships are built very well. By your description, I'm guessing there are two or more steps, with step 1 being 'build bridge', and step 2-? being build the rest? The amount of time to build the bridge is relative to the size of the ship, and it seems like the building of the rest of the ship is as well - is that correct?

Thank you for the explanation!

FOXX

Yes, first step is building the Bridge [CM] and then the Hull and Modules.
The hull builds at a steady pass if you have enough Energy.
One more thing -> If you build a ship with the Construction Pylon it triggers that Cool Down effect. Meaning the Pylon is charging up for the next Turn.
In CoolDown state the Pylon doesn't 'work'.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

bananasandwich

That makes sense, thank you. I figured if I triggered the cool down of the pylon and the ship was destroyed before it finished it would be a waste.

Bridge, Hull, Modules. Now that you describe that, it makes what I have observed make sense. Modules are things like weapons, energy storage, shields, etc.? I'm pretty sure they each have individual build time/energy as well. Those big cannons that shoot 3 projectiles in a straight line take much longer to come in than a laser or single gun.

GoodMorning

Yes.

The cost of the bridge is based on hull size, with larger hull taking more energy to build. When the bridge finishes, hull starts building. When the hull supporting it finishes, a module will begin to build. Some modules cost more than others, but all build at the same rate - meaning that some take longer to finish.

The Pylon skips the first step.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bananasandwich