Scoring Question

Started by chwooly, April 11, 2020, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

I always thought the score was just an average of all scores posted, But the average of 10 is 5, However I just noticed a map with 2 scores and the score total was 5.5. Now I know the score with 1 score had a 1, So when I gave it a 10 it should have changed to  5. However it shows 5.5. So the scoring must use something other then the base average between the points awarded divided by the times a point was given, Does anyone know what this equation is?

Just curious...

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

sum(rating * times_rating_given) / total_ratings_given

Here, (1*1 + 10*1) / (2) = (1 + 10) / 2 = 11/2 = 5.5
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Perhaps in a less mathematical manner. We add up the scores (the previous 1 and your 10) to get 11 total, then we divide it by the number of people that voted, which was 2.

11 divided by 2 is 5.5.

chwooly

That's what happens when I try to think before having my first cup of coffee. Yes, 11/2= 5.5.

Thanks....

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein