Creeper World Adobe Air

Started by Earlh21, October 02, 2015, 04:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlh21

So I've started keeping a lot of games on my flash drive, since I have some computer classes, and I can't play Creeper World games on these computers because they don't have Adobe Air, and I am not able to install it without administer rights. Is there any workaround to this?

warren

Yes. You can install adobe air on the flash drive.

Edit: Why am I helping people goof off at school? IDK. *sigh*.

planetfall

Don't feel too bad. The first entirely computer-related class I took started with a 45-minute explanation of how a mouse works.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Earlh21

By computer classes, I mean Computer Programming II and Game Art and Design, lol, there were no moving the mouse related lessons. I'm not goofing off, the people in my programming class are incompetent at programming, and I finish much more quickly than everyone else. This leaves me with nothing to do but play games. (yeah I could make more programs or improve the assignment but shhhhh)

EDIT: The installer doesn't give me a way to select the place to install it to, I've tried moving the files over manually (G:\Program Files (86x)\Common Files etc.), didn't work, and I can't find a way to direct the games to look for Air in a specific location

warren

If you do install the game this way, you won't be launching games directly. Instead, you will be using "click and drag" launching. The place where files look for file associations is the registry, and that is always administrator protected.

Edit: Oh, interesting. For a moment there, I thought air was like Java. Air generates applications. This means ignore all my above advice.

Edit2: Wait. If air is merely a DLL, why do you need to install it?

Edit3: Oh, okay, I see what's going on. Most likely the only file that you need is 'Adobe Air.dll' the rest is most likely support files. There is a small chance that the air apps will work if you copy that file into their root directories. If that doesn't work, there is a very small chance copying in the other DLLs will work.

Edit4: And by other DLLs I mean the entire resource folder.

Edit5:
QuoteDon't feel too bad. The first entirely computer-related class I took started with a 45-minute explanation of how a mouse works.
Ah, the wonders of government bureaucracy, always exactly 20 years behind. In 1970, teaching about the mouse to grade schoolers would have been worthwhile. In 1990, now you should learn basic programming in grade school! In 2010 they should be teaching blender or something.