Chronom Missions for CW2?

Started by burguertime, June 14, 2011, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

With the code maps, we could bring back the chronom missions. Just make a standard of using the "today" date as a code with a preset date format...

Maybe MM/DD/YYYY  or YYYYMMDD (for sorting dates)

But I do not believe there will be highscores for codemaps (or will there be?)
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Echo51

There is already a "today" button for code maps, in the format of "June 14, 2011", along with a random phrase button. :)

as for highscores, im not too sure, but it could be possible.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ebon Heart

that would be a LONG list. The only way I can see it being possible is if you had little wheely things like they did for chronom on the scoreboard, but for every letter... and however many letters are possible.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Echo51

It's just a normal text input line, like the browser's address line that you can enter whatever you want into and get info about the map+preview ;)

Lioncourt

If the maps were put into categories (easy, medium, hard)(or something like that), then I'm sure it would be easier than having a bazillion named maps with 1 score on it :) (assuming of course the "like type" maps are all pretty much the same game play idea, so one cant complain how a person only got 5 minutes when they got 15 because its harder or something like that). There could be 10 levels of difficulty, or what not.. Anyways, just my two cents worth...
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

thepenguin

Quote from: Lioncourt on June 14, 2011, 02:21:32 PM
If the maps were put into categories (easy, medium, hard)(or something like that), then I'm sure it would be easier than having a bazillion named maps with 1 score on it :) (assuming of course the "like type" maps are all pretty much the same game play idea, so one cant complain how a person only got 5 minutes when they got 15 because its harder or something like that). There could be 10 levels of difficulty, or what not.. Anyways, just my two cents worth...

oddly, that's pretty much what virgil did
We have become the creeper...

Lioncourt

I guess also adding the name of the "code" or map name to that list might get other people picking same map to try and do as well or better? :)
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

burguertime

Quote from: Echo51 on June 14, 2011, 04:11:08 AM
There is already a "today" button for code maps, in the format of "June 14, 2011", along with a random phrase button. :)

as for highscores, im not too sure, but it could be possible.

Yeah, did not dissecate the code missions screeenshot. But how do you know the date format it writes?
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Nemoricus

Probably because he's in the beta.

Echo51

^totally what he said. all i can say is, you won't be running out of missions anytime soon :D

scoin

now the million dollar question when are they coming out? cause im getting bored of playing the same 40 maps over and over

Kamron3

Quote from: scoin on June 15, 2011, 09:50:13 AM
now the million dollar question when are they coming out? cause im getting bored of playing the same 40 maps over and over

August.

CobraKill

WHAT?! I thought Code maps were coming out in Update one which virgil said would be in the next week. I thought the editor would come out august
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Kamron3

Quote from: The Commander on June 15, 2011, 10:14:14 AM
WHAT?! I thought Code maps were coming out in Update one which virgil said would be in the next week. I thought the editor would come out august

Sssh! I'm just messing with him since he seems to think he needs it "RIGHT NOW!" and that the map editor is "as good as its gonna get." As he has expressed in the chat.

CobraKill

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 15, 2011, 10:17:27 AM
Quote from: The Commander on June 15, 2011, 10:14:14 AM

Sssh! I'm just messing with him since he seems to think he needs it "RIGHT NOW!" and that the map editor is "as good as its gonna get." As he has expressed in the chat.

Nice Kamron3  ;)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.