Unable to see what exploded (2 problems)

Started by iycgtptyarvg, November 03, 2013, 11:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iycgtptyarvg

I often hear a loud 'bang' sound to indicate that something exploded.

There are 2 problems:

I cannot tell where the explosion happened. It requires me to pause the game and search the whole map to hopefully find a spot where something seems to be missing. Often, I will fail to find it. Please make an indicator which flashes for a couple of seconds so we can tell where we lost something.

I have the problem that I sometimes see/hear explosions in creeper filled area (i.e., area not under my control). It just seems to explode 'randomly'. I see it also in areas where none of my weapons are even close to shooting something.
I'm not sure whether it happens in all maps, but I've definitely seen it regularly enough to think it's either a bug or some gameplay mechanic I don't understand / know about.

Harkler

If you pause and zoom out, you can press "H" repeatedly to step forward frame by frame. I am always able to find what unit exploded this way.

The only thing I could think of is mortar or bertha shells (although bertha shells are rather obvious).

pawel345

Sometimes you order to build something in a creeper filled area by mistake and then it explodes.

Cavemaniac

Another thing that throws me is the explosion of a beam taking out a spore - sometimes there's so many spores in play that it's hard to tell what blew up offscreen!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Wheatmidge

I guess I agree with the original poster... the explosion for units and buildings is sometimes really hard to notice. I have had a few times where I will lose a cannon or a mortar and not realize when it happened.

florrat

I have also experienced the first point of the OP multiple times. It would be great if there was some easier way to see what exploded where.

JF-T

Regardless I think having a notification arrow or something appear for a moment or two when something dies. Sometimes you're on a giant map and have alot of weapons doing stuff, maybe with lots of spores, there's then no way to truly know what blew up if you have slow reflexes.

Nothing more annoying than realizing something exploded, but it being too late so you end up getting a chuck of land lost because that one weapon, possibly a blaster, could have been holding the creeper back and not pushing it back.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps