Custom Map #73: Castle. By: Virenerus

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #73: Castle

Author: Vireneru
Size: 128x128

Desc:
An ancient castle on a world overrun by creeper. Beware of the new creeper weapon #Digitalis #NoSpores #TechLimits #CRPL

Karsten75

Your map has beautiful terrain and I was hoping for a really fun experience. Unfortunately it was slooow due to the lack of Totems and Forge (upgrades). The "surprise" is really unexpected and it left me wondering if there are more such events the longer the map continues. Certainly that was also impressive, and to adequately counter it would mean one has to play the map at least one more time after the surprise has been discovered - or perhaps play faster.  As it is, I doubt I will due to the lack of upgrades.

I truly hope you will make more maps, they really have a great potential to be fun.

Katra

Weird - either I found a bug or managed to hit a time point to the second.

Spoiler
I nullified the last two emitters (upper left) at 14:57; then simultaneously the victory screen appears, new emitters appear at right and left, and a message about a new weapon appears.
[close]
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Grauniad

hmm I destroyed everything, got a victory screen and no message of a new weapon?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Helper

Quote from: Grauniad on January 11, 2014, 09:34:02 AM
hmm I destroyed everything, got a victory screen and no message of a new weapon?

Same here, and I went back to check messages - but the Archived Transmissions icon is missing.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Helper on January 11, 2014, 09:53:44 AM
Quote from: Grauniad on January 11, 2014, 09:34:02 AM

Same here, and I went back to check messages - but the Archived Transmissions icon is missing.
Helper - you've pointed this out on two topics. This is probably a problem with you game.

Katra

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that I nullified the last pair of emitters just before a surprise set at 15 minutes. Anyone with a time a few seconds faster than me would only see the victory screen; a couple seconds slower and they would get the surprise and NOT the victory screen.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!