Custom Map #30: Swimmin' Poool

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2013, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #30: Swimmin' Poool

Author: Clean0nion

Desc:
You've landed in the car park of a swimming pool. There are swimmers swimming, changing rooms, and even a foyer (a word I still don't know how to pronounce). Kill the swimmers to win!

Clean0nion

ThirdParty

Creative use of CRPL, but I found the map very easy.  It was trivial to set up a couple of mortars near the pool to control the creeper, and then build nullifiers next to the pool that would kill any swimmer that came near.

And by the way, "foyer" is pronounced "foy-ey": "foy" rhyming with "boy", "ey" rhyming with "hey".  The stress falls on the first syllable (so it has the intonation pattern of "blackboard" rather than of "black board"; if you can't hear the difference then don't worry about it).

Clean0nion

Quote from: ThirdParty on December 28, 2013, 06:48:26 PM
Creative use of CRPL, but I found the map very easy.  It was trivial to set up a couple of mortars near the pool to control the creeper, and then build nullifiers next to the pool that would kill any swimmer that came near.

And by the way, "foyer" is pronounced "foy-ey": "foy" rhyming with "boy", "ey" rhyming with "hey".  The stress falls on the first syllable (so it has the intonation pattern of "blackboard" rather than of "black board"; if you can't hear the difference then don't worry about it).
Thanks for that help, and for your feedback.
I've been told that this is a good map, however I myself am not particularly keen on it. Out of all my maps, I spent the least time on this one. I don't count Two Minutes as one of my maps for that count; I've disowned it. So yes, trivial would be a good way to describe it.
PS - you had better be working on a map of your own(!) You haven't released a new one for a while.

MadMag

Asbestos

Easy and funny, but it took longer than it should because the swimmers kept moving out of range of my Nullifiers and wasting the ammo.