Dark Ambition's Story Hub

Started by Dark Ambition, October 31, 2016, 03:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonnyT

Novus Imperium Corporation
CEO: Tony Carlisle

Today our concern must be with the future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dark Ambition

Quote from: TonnyT on November 15, 2016, 12:53:12 AM
Loving the rebrand, thanks for the shoutout!

GalTech thought it would be appropriate to add a Cyte to your licence bank, as you have managed to recreate a technology that stumped our science teams for a long while. Though we now have engineered our own versions of the Seloi gravitation modules.

-Acharon -CEO- Galactic Technology

No prob, and thanks for the compliment!  ;D
It took a long time and a very close call with all of my stuff just not working anymore, but the big move is done!
-TC

Zoura3025

To whom it may concern:

We have entered the homeland of the "Shrapnoids" and are beginning to learn how hull separation works. The long answer will be addressed later, but for what we know now: These beings have used precursor technology to make surprisingly stable packets at only a millionth of the size of standardised packets. These are then focused into beams of energy, which get sent in rapid-fire pulses to power what they call "systems" as needed. It seems this manner of transport even works upon physical materials, causing Vulpe - our chief engineer - to be completely set back in her reverse-engineering of this technology. We will supply more detail in the The Union hub when we find them, but felt you may want to know this first.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

Dark Ambition

Copy and pasted this to another tag and removed the glow on that, should be easier to read and/or less annoying to people. Not doing any of that with my cyan though. Don't touch my cyan.

Dark Ambition

Frontline Corporation has been in a rough spot for the past year or so. And now our income is running dry, so we're launching an expedition into Redacted space to try and find a Master Archive. We know, we know... it's a longshot, and might not even exist. But what other option do we have? We have contracted the Horan Galactic Rebel Alliance to send a defensive party, and General Warfield will be joining us on this expedition. I'll be giving temporary control of the company to Officer Conway, if there are any questions, ask him.

Adalar -CEO- Frontline Corporation

Dark Ambition

Uuuuupdate. If you can call it that.

Added link to map two and the status of map three, and removed a spoiler. That hundreds of people already saw. :(

Sorrontis

Quote from: Dark AmbitionSorry for spamming ships in the ship section ^^;

Hahahaha... sorry, that's funny. Come back when you've filled nearly half of all the ship designs  8) I'm glad I'm not the only ship spammer anymore.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 18, 2017, 11:09:48 PM

Hahahaha... sorry, that's funny. Come back when you've filled nearly half of all the ship designs  8) I'm glad I'm not the only ship spammer anymore.

XD I still have a whole 'nother fleet to post, I just didn't want post all in one day three entire fleets that all only have tiny variations in their design :P

Sorrontis

Quote from: Dark Ambition on January 18, 2017, 11:18:43 PM

XD I still have a whole 'nother fleet to post, I just didn't want post all in one day three entire fleets that all only have tiny variations in their design :P

Another fleet heh? I guess I better make another 10 new ships tomorrow night :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 19, 2017, 01:13:07 AM
Quote from: Dark Ambition on January 18, 2017, 11:18:43 PM

Another fleet heh? I guess I better make another 10 new ships tomorrow night :)

Well, I may have lied about having 1 fleet on the shelf. Because I have another fleet, one that I trashed because I didn't need for my maps, but I have no problem bringing them back if this becomes a contest!   ;)
(still wanna finish remaking this page first, lel)

Dark Ambition

Dark Ambition

Dark Ambition

To: Timothy Carlisle [Caretaker]
     Subject: Communication

Caretaker, I think you should be notified of a communication we received from your friends. It seems they're warning us to be prepared, something big is about to happen.

Take care,
Adjutant Sierra

----------------------------------------
Skarsgard: I don't get it...

Aliana: Don't get what?

Skarsgard: Dagr revealed all the information GalCorp was hiding from the public. They should be banging on their doors with pitchforks by now, but it seems the people are being complacent.

Aliana: Ha! A revolution takes time to be fully realized, just wait it out.

Arc-Bot: I'm afraid Skars is correct. The civilians seem to be going to GalCorp for protection, they trust them.

Skarsgard: But this is around the time that the Ticon Empire was forged... what did we do wrong?

Aliana: Maybe nothing. They just need to be... convinced... that GalCorp can't protect them.

Skarsgard: And how do we go about convincing them? We can't do it ourselves.

Aliana: We do what we always do. Put someone on the right path.

Skarsgard: But who? I don't see any candidates.

Aliana: Hmmm... Arc-Bot, scan the archives of any alien species that survived the creeper. Give me the location of the nearest that has the highest probability of effectiveness

Arc-Bot: I know of a cryogenic vessel belonging to an empire from the first common era. The one survivor was in stasis for many eons, but still lives. It seems he was placed in stasis around the year 2030. There are dormant particle emitters near it. I think the ship will awaken if I activate those emitters.

Skarsgard: Who is it?

Arc-Bot: His name is Kiron. He belonged to the empire that once almost obliterated humanity, just before a single female human fought back using their tech and forced them to retreat.

Skarsgard: Ahh, I remember her. He should be good... Where is he?

Arc-Bot: Redacted Space, Mojave Expanse. Far from The Archivist and the Frontline expedition. Contact between them is unlikely, but still possible. Contact between Kiron and GalCorp is certain. And you know how GalCorp treats aliens.

Skarsgard: Perfect. This alien could do it. Send the code, awaken those emitters. Kiron won't have the tech to survive, give him a lathe.

Arc-Bot: Sending... Done. The slumberer is waking.
[close]
----------------------------------------

To: Bethany Sierra [Adjutant]
     Subject: Re: Communication

Woah. Thanks, C, I'll make the preparations then. Don't warn GalCorp about anything, It seems this is supposed to be a surprize for them. Explosive surprises are the best surprises, aren't they?

Take care,
Caretaker Carlisle.

TonnyT

Novus Imperium Corporation
CEO: Tony Carlisle

Today our concern must be with the future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dark Ambition