Feature request: auto-rebuild

Started by TheRedSpade, December 29, 2013, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRedSpade

I for one think that this would be a nice touch. Have the game remember where a unit was lost, and once that spot is clear, rebuild that unit. It would make reclaiming previously held territory a bit simpler.  This isn't something that would always be desirable, but I think the option would be cool.

pyaehtetaung

Quote from: TheRedSpade on December 29, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
I for one think that this would be a nice touch. Have the game remember where a unit was lost, and once that spot is clear, rebuild that unit. It would make reclaiming previously held territory a bit simpler.  This isn't something that would always be desirable, but I think the option would be cool.
I feel too. :D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D

Echo51

Isn't the fact that you lost it a sign that your defense was flawed, and you want it to rebuild that? How are you going to handle things like buildings being blocked, say a collector in a chain not being able to be placed due to maybe moving a cannon on it's spot to clear the area of creeper?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Clean0nion

Quote from: Echo51 on December 29, 2013, 05:48:10 PM
Isn't the fact that you lost it a sign that your defense was flawed, and you want it to rebuild that? How are you going to handle things like buildings being blocked, say a collector in a chain not being able to be placed due to maybe moving a cannon on it's spot to clear the area of creeper?
Echo makes a good point. If your defence has failed, then the only thing you are rebuilding is failure.And because you're wasting energy on rebuilding this failure, you may not be able to build something that isn't failure.

And let's say you move a horde of mortars into a patch of creeper to clear it away. When you eventually begin to move into that region, you're fighting a giant mass of creeper, your energy is low, suddenly you move into mass deficit. You see that all around your network, mortars are being automatically rebuilt. You can't refuel the weapons that are actually being productive! So you select each mortar and destroy it. But wait! They're automatically being rebuilt! There's nothing you can do!

Grauniad

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 29, 2013, 06:07:24 PM
So you select each mortar and destroy it. But wait! They're automatically being rebuilt! There's nothing you can do!

You must have heard of the Sorcerer's apprentice? :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon