Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

It was only a matter of time.... :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ea3401

car grass once   medium/high
Should be possible somehow, but I can't find the right strategy.

EDIT: Done.

mopa42

The Singularity medium/high
No room to build at first and the best digging escape is guarded by strong drones. No experimentals.

ea3401

Too many strong drones at 3:30  :'(

ea3401

No, it's possible with the white gem.  :)

Hunter Seeker

"for boat hill" is beatable i just completed it on Med/Med.  The note says undiggable terrain? Am I missing something?
Aspire to Inspire

xoft

I'm quite wrestling with today's map, "April 14, 2013", on Large / High. It has experimentals, but very little initial build space. I've managed to last until 2:01, but it's more like a stalemate - I can turn my dark beam on and off to sustain it off the 10.75 energy I have, but cannot build any further.

ea3401

It's difficult but not impossible.

Lost in Nowhere

Pineapple of Death medium/medium seems impossible. Two surface emitters, each accompanied by a gateway. I can only survive about a minute and a half, due to the second gateway becoming exposed and releasing a flood of drones.
Don't die! :)

asmussen

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on May 07, 2013, 10:34:13 PM
Pineapple of Death medium/medium seems impossible. Two surface emitters, each accompanied by a gateway. I can only survive about a minute and a half, due to the second gateway becoming exposed and releasing a flood of drones.

This map is very beatable. One way to start out would be to go after the diamond right away for the 200 crystal energy. While you dig that out, you can put up a shield in the path of the drones to stall them for a little while. Once you have the diamond, you can build several blasters at the same time in order to hold off the drones and also some reactors, and then deal with the exposed emitters and gateways.
Shawn Asmussen

Neko187

go toy way on Large/High
one surface emitter, one semi-surface, and one that will fairly quickly add to it.
oh and a really annoying wall of ore.
At least there aren't any phantoms.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

OdnaZvezda

dia on Large/High

I'd consider myself an average CW2 player at best.  I've tried multiple approaches from getting the white gem first(drones cause problems with 5 of them coming from the gateway immediately) to building reactors/blasters(which helped, but only prolonged my defeat)

Here's to hoping someone can prove this one beatable.

Neko187

welcome to the forums.
Sun Nest Help on Large/High is a tough one. It's almost certainly possible, I'm just not good enough.
also Window How Ground on Large/High. it's not nice :(. 10 emitters, 7 of which link up. one surface emitter, plenty of decayable terrain.
if you can manage it, I'll bet it'll be a fun one.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC