Wacom clicking doesn't work with 2.12 update

Started by marmil, March 10, 2016, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmil

I use a Wacom pen, including when I play CW3.  I just updated my game from version 2.08 to 2.12 and now I can't click on anything in the game with my Wacom.  The Wacom still moves the cursor around as normal, but is unresponsive to clicks.  I tried rebooting after the update but it didn't help.

Also, in the bottom left corner it now says "2.12 Steam", but I actually didn't install the game through Steam so that seemed a bit odd to me.  (Before I updated it just said "2.08" without the word "Steam" there.)

Any suggestions for how to get my Wacom pen to be able to click inside CW3 again?  I'm running Windows 7 64bit and downloaded/installed the patch "For 32 or 64bit Windows".

Karsten75

Virgil is out of pocket until Monday. I doubt that he will have a solution, since the only changes were in the underlying Unity3D engine.

You can revert back to the 2.08 level, since it will not affect anything but the engine.

I do hope you are playing on Steam, since at the moment there are only instructions on how to revert the Steam version. Maybe when he gets back he can make a non-Steam version available as well.

You can always install Steam and run the free key conversion as outlined here to get a Steam key and then you can revert on Steam. Your data files will remain the same. I guess it all depends on your level of discomfort with the Wacom being disabled.

knucracker

One more thing to the list of oddball unity
5 things I guess. 

If you go here you can get the links to download 212. Just copy the link and change it to 208. The 208 versions are still on the server. If I weren't typing on an iPhone id do this for you...
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/redownload.php

marmil

Thank you Karsten and Virgil.  I have reverted to 2.08 so my level of discomfort has been 99% eliminated.  Just 1% discomfort left over from a bad experience I got into with some oozing creeper a few years ago.  ;)

Virgil, feel free to give a ping in the future if you need someone to help test a fix for this Unity 5 Wacom issue.
Cheers
-marc

knucracker

Which Wacom product do you have?  I have a Wacom bamboo tablet and mouse but have never thought to actually check them with the unity5 build of cw3. I suspect it may be an issue with input mapping or something of that nature.

marmil

I'm using a Intuos 3 graphics tablet, model PTZ-630.
The cursor moves around on screen as normal, just no click recognition.