Custom Map #1193: JigglyPudding. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, July 25, 2018, 11:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1193: JigglyPudding

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 460x200

Desc:
The Pudding Jiggles. If you cannot stop the particulate matter here, will the pudding continue to jiggle? Wipe out everything! #PRPL #NoWait #CRPL #OneSecIHadItRight #PRPL #EasyishIThink #DontTrustMeILieToMyself #TrustInYourself #YouCanDoIt #WorkHardPlayHarder #DogAway!

ChaosMaster130

Haha Sorrontis. Those were actually pretty funny 'Surprise!' traps though.
Got through them though  ;)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Syth

Overall enjoyable. Took me longer than I would like to admit that emitters were a must.

Personally I felt the shielded MK7 ship was too strong however.

Johnny Haywire

The shielded ship gets pwned by the big wedge ship. That thing pwns everything on the map.

Really enjoyed the map!

I had to restart because I went afk for about an hour while the game was running and when I returned, stuff was bad...

Spoiler
If you like to take your sweet time with maps, as I usually do, be sure you shut down the two enemy emergent producers. I left the game running, came back about an hour later and the number was around 400 I think (?). At least 200. It was ugly.
[close]

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

teknotiss

hey Sorrontis!

sorry to necro this one, but i have just come across this map and love the scripts!

how would i go about slapping these scripts into a larger map, but without the traps?

i can make a large plain map with no scripts, but what do i need to put in to get the build your own stuff only?  Can I attach al to one core etc? Which scripts are needed for the building of emitters, energy mines, gems and cannons?

in CW2 i just resize and rework a map to steal the scripts, but i don't think we can resize maps in PF, so i am sort of stuck!

cheers in advance for any help!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

GoodMorning

This may help:

https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:examine_map_resources

The method for getting scripts out of a map hasn't changed since CW3, and you can look at what-goes-where-in-the-editor at the same time. For this, I seem to recall that it was as simple as "place a core, attach a relevant script, use while unpaused".
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

teknotiss

Quote from: GoodMorning on May 06, 2019, 09:36:10 PM
This may help:

https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:examine_map_resources

The method for getting scripts out of a map hasn't changed since CW3, and you can look at what-goes-where-in-the-editor at the same time. For this, I seem to recall that it was as simple as "place a core, attach a relevant script, use while unpaused".

cheers, i was trying to make sure i would make a map with only relevant scripts, so no bugs, but i guess i can just put them all in and hope i don't have issues.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

FOXX

Quote from: teknotiss on May 06, 2019, 05:19:36 PM

..... but i don't think we can resize maps in PF, so i am sort of stuck! ......

Owyes, you can resize PF maps -> https://gitlab.com/KubeRoot/PFMapSize
Instructions are there. When installed the appears when you go into the editor.
I make my series with this Mod. And my KSF series include this Sorrontis system.

Greets FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

teknotiss

Quote from: FOXX on May 07, 2019, 07:36:32 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on May 06, 2019, 05:19:36 PM

..... but i don't think we can resize maps in PF, so i am sort of stuck! ......

Owyes, you can resize PF maps -> https://gitlab.com/KubeRoot/PFMapSize
Instructions are there. When installed the appears when you go into the editor.
I make my series with this Mod. And my KSF series include this Sorrontis system.

Greets FOXX

awesome thanks dude!  that will help loads!  8)

FOXX

Quote from: teknotiss on May 08, 2019, 08:02:46 PM

awesome thanks dude!  that will help loads!  8)

Welcome, and saved me a lot of time making maps.
Good Luck.

Greets FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Sorrontis

hey teknotiss,

Still needs help? Or are you good?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."