Custom Map: Gold Miners Path

Started by AutoPost, May 19, 2011, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

How did Bam Bam do this in 9:04?! I'm just past that time now, and I'm till trying to build up energy to advance. :( overbuilder, right here. *points* oh well, awesome map MadMag, the struggle to survive seems to last quite a while as more creeper spills over the walls and adds to the already incoming wave. :D the graphics are nice too.
EDIT: which path should I take to advance, 21 minutes in and I'm only to here.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 08, 2011, 11:01:48 AM
How did Bam Bam do this in 9:04?! I'm just past that time now, and I'm till trying to build up energy to advance. :( overbuilder, right here. *points* oh well, awesome map MadMag, the struggle to survive seems to last quite a while as more creeper spills over the walls and adds to the already incoming wave. :D the graphics are nice too.

Build a lot more energy and some speed nodes.... I would para-drop a couple of mortars (move them around) to lighten the creeper load.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on August 08, 2011, 11:53:21 AM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 08, 2011, 11:01:48 AM

Build a lot more energy and some speed nodes.... I would para-drop a couple of mortars (move them around) to lighten the creeper load.
I was doing that for a while... I really wish there were drones on that map. I finally gave up, I didn't feel like creating all the speed nodes and reactors required to get further in the map. I'll try it again later, but right now, I want to get First Encounters Part 3 up.

DethbyIT

Ebon Heart,
No idea who BamBam is, but feel free to ignore any scores posted by names you are not confident are actual real players.

Naturally, there are cheats to all great games and they are out there for CW.

A couple of thoughts for you.
Don't move your Blasters away from OC – just play defense down there.
Your top Blaster is wasting energy keeping that pit clear – you only need to prevent the overflow and ... you need to get that Mortar moved to the left quite a bit.

Look at the image that (JM) posted and build to that plan. The Mortar he has set up keeps the top center pit below over-flowing, and starts clearing that whole top center plateau.

Your initial target should be that Emitter in the dead center. When you get that under control, you can edge a Mortar over and drop the creeper levels below over-flowing for the entire lower left quadrant.

Ebon Heart

I've been trying to fight around the edges, and to kill the creeper at the source... clearly that didn't work. The problem is, I can't get much farther than where that top blaster is before my weapons are too far away to get energy in time to be useful. :/ I'll give it another go with your suggestions later. I kind of suck at cw1 now. lol.

Grauniad

I tried my hand at movie making. Couldn't get the sound to work, so no sound.  Short of DethbyIT's time by a few minutes due to a few mistakes, but still.. should prove once and for all that the strategy is at least one valid way to approach this map.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

DethbyIT

G-man -
I just hummed a little 'Vagner' as I watched and it worked well.

Thank you for putting that together.
dbit

Mozai

Difficult, but not impossible.  The first six minutes are crucial -- you cannot waste more than two seconds of that time.  Once I managed to rescue the mission objective (gold not refugees?), I rushed to build a third blaster at Odin City, and a mortar to relieve pressure on that basin with the tipped minecarts; first one above the basin, then another on the roof of that shack near Odin City.  Once that stabilized, the rest of the map was not longer nail-bitingly tense, and I was able to conquer the map inch-by-inch.