Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1841: The star

Author: XYZ Enterprises
Size: 500x500

Desc:
Conquer the star!

helmetflakes

Am I missing something here? Looks like it could be a decent map but can't see how you survive the start where you get mobbed by loads of enemy ships and dopplers with only a few small ships to defend?

helmetflakes

A small number have completed this, go on give me a clue!

svartmes

Well the way I beat it there's no real trick to it really but I used omnis to clear the map clockwise while having most/all ships keeping the stalemate at the base. Eventually you'll have gathered enough ships to split up a small attack force and just continue clearing stuff around the corners of the map.

I enjoyed the map but the start is pretty brutal. It would have made sense to include regenerating struct building imo since it would have made defedning a bit easier (and strucbuilding can be really fun)  Taking out the last middle part was pretty boring. The enemy have some huge ships and you either just suicidebomb or take ampified potshots from the edge for a long time. A bit overkill imo.  Still 7/10 from me.

impycat

Be nice if someone could post a video. I cannot figure out how to survive the kamikaze ships at the start.