Custom Map #3275: Mystery island. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, June 25, 2022, 01:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3275: Mystery island

Author: Vertu
Size: 300x218

whocares

i got to the second part and saved and quit, then came back later and don't have a miner or summoner so idk if that's right.  got some flying units but can't control them

Vertu

Quote from: whocares on June 29, 2022, 06:41:11 PM
i got to the second part and saved and quit, then came back later and don't have a miner or summoner so idk if that's right.  got some flying units but can't control them
That is a load error on my part than. My dearest apologies. I can't test every last possible scenario and loading a save is a good part of that category.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

whocares

oh yeah, and the pre-built blasters won't attack creeper when set to closest and creeper is right under it

whocares

Quote from: Vertu on June 29, 2022, 06:59:23 PM
That is a load error on my part than. My dearest apologies. I can't test every last possible scenario and loading a save is a good part of that category.

i guess i'm gonna get rid of the creep anyways

Vertu

Quote from: whocares on June 29, 2022, 07:10:50 PM
oh yeah, and the pre-built blasters won't attack creeper when set to closest and creeper is right under it
That's normal. A weakness of them.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Congrats!
Fun fact: The way I got into stage 2 was using porters of Redon.

VuleJr

darn, same thing here. Guess I'll have to load an older save and finish the second part in one go.

Spoiler
Also I didn't realize all I had to do to get to the second part was to get to the info cache, I had dug it out earlier hoping it was a weapon or something but didn't connect to my main grid. Then I proceeded to distract the frigate with tons of 10 energy porters, bombers, all the cannons and mortars etc, and building towers everywhere (with energy from the scattered porter drops), all while keeping the closer quarter of the island clear and moving some 100 missiles there with arg porters ready to resupply. But in the process I collected the cache and the frigate exploded, and it was close to dead anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, loaded and tried destroying the frigate with missiles, got the shield down fairly quickly but thousands and thousands of missiles after, the health bar doesn't seem to move, so it looks like it's not possible to destroy the frigate using missiles.
[close]

Vertu

Quote from: VuleJr on June 30, 2022, 04:39:08 PM

darn, same thing here. Guess I'll have to load an older save and finish the second part in one go.

Spoiler
Also I didn't realize all I had to do to get to the second part was to get to the info cache, I had dug it out earlier hoping it was a weapon or something but didn't connect to my main grid. Then I proceeded to distract the frigate with tons of 10 energy porters, bombers, all the cannons and mortars etc, and building towers everywhere (with energy from the scattered porter drops), all while keeping the closer quarter of the island clear and moving some 100 missiles there with arg porters ready to resupply. But in the process I collected the cache and the frigate exploded, and it was close to dead anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, loaded and tried destroying the frigate with missiles, got the shield down fairly quickly but thousands and thousands of missiles after, the health bar doesn't seem to move, so it looks like it's not possible to destroy the frigate using missiles.
[close]
Spoiler
I had to use I believe 5,000 Redon worth of porters to BARELY force it to leave.
That is 50 porters fully loaded with Redon. 50 in the pod, 50 in the porter building.
I even took a screenshot.
So yes the bar does go down but very, very, very slowly. It 1/10th of the HP is shields.
[close]

whocares

I did the same thing with porters hehe. 
Spoiler
except I used like 5 of them to draw it out to a couple missiles with ern in them sitting on a platform in the water.
[close]

and I did the same thing with reloading a save before the 2nd part is initiated and then played out the whole thing