AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3263: [LPAC] Recovery

Author: FranWin
Size: 256x160

Fireswamp

Exploits from previous LPACs work on this map, fixes below:

Exploit 1:
Spoiler
Bluite and Redon Ore crystals can be disabled, effectively disabling shields after 40 seconds and resupply of missiles.
Can be fixed by preventing selection of those units, run the following code in the 4rpl console before finalizing the map to achieve this:
GetUnitsByType("resourcered" 0) ->Redon
GetUnitsByType("resourceblue" 0) ->Bluite
do(<-Redon 0)
    SetUnitSelectable(<-Redon[i] false)
loop
do(<-Bluite 0)
    SetUnitSelectable(<-Bluite[i] false)
loop

[close]

Exploit 2:
Spoiler
Rocks can be used an unlimited number of times, allowing destruction of most units on the map in a very short timeframe.
Easiest fix is to prevent selection of the rock unit; in the CPACK Manager navigate to: CPACK: Rocks, Units, Rocks, Settings, Interface and click the checkmark next to "Unit Selectable".  This fix prevents removal of misplaced rocks though, which is certainly not ideal.
More complicated but cleaner fixes would be to move code that reduces the build limit to a :Destroyed block, or add SetUnitSelected(self false) SetUnitSelectable(self false) to the code when the rocks find a target.
edit: realized moving the build limit reduction code causes other issues.
[close]

MadVandal

Opens new PAC map with excitement...sees its another using old boost, rock, egg... excitement fades.

Karsten75

This is a little disappointing: I can't manually pop the eggs, so any egg in Creeper becomes essentially useless.

Durikkan

Quote from: MadVandal on June 19, 2022, 12:31:42 AM
Opens new PAC map with excitement...sees its another using old boost, rock, egg... excitement fades.

That's what LPAC is, just avoid maps using that acronym if you don't like it.  Different people enjoy different things. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

FranWin

Quote from: Fireswamp on June 18, 2022, 07:42:34 PM
Exploits from previous LPACs work on this map, fixes below:

Thank you for this! Fixed for future releases.

Quote from: MadVandal on June 19, 2022, 12:31:42 AM

Yep, totally get that. Whilst LPAC maps specifically are designed to be much more simplistic and stripped down, this was mostly my first foray into picking apart and learning 4rpl scripts. Working on (well actually have coded up and am just making maps around) some new concepts to shake it up a bit. Sap 'n Sac maps will appear sometime soon.

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 19, 2022, 10:48:22 AM
This is a little disappointing: I can't manually pop the eggs, so any egg in Creeper becomes essentially useless.

Yeah that was a script I chose not to include just to learn the mapping side a bit more. In the future I'll probably include it but wanted to keep it simple with the first one.

hbarudi

2 things would make this better:
1. Be able to click on eggs to release their creeper
2. Remove the limit on emitters to make sure they can make more creeper and put more pressure on their front lines.