Get/SetParticleMass

Started by Sorrontis, December 15, 2016, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Does someone have any idea what this does? I've changed values on my particles, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Am I just blind?  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

Higer mass reduces the amount of knockback particles receive from things like cannons and collisions with other particles. It may also make them resistant to slowing from particle beams (V, confirm?). It does not affect the slowing effect from plasma.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

That's what I had assumed, but what kind of value magnitude is needed to see the difference?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

Presumably a mass 2 particle gets half the knockback of a mass 1 particle, but that's assuming the sim is based on real-world physics. I have no idea what the default mass is, but in one (WIP) map I set it to 5, and that seems pretty durn resistant.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

Gosh darnit! Now I feel stupid. Because it's a float, I assumed it was a 0-1 range....  :-[