Started by AutoPost, September 19, 2014, 07:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1165: flatz

Author: aanze1313
Size: 200x200

Desc:

Karsten75

Tough, I've had a couple of failed starts and the completion times aren't inspiring, either.

Helper

This would have been much more fun if it was small enough to launch double attacks. Using that technique with a map this size requires a whole bunch of pausing and scrolling.
I attacked straight down, then counter-clockwise. Not sure if that was the best approach, but way too much effort to try it again.
Thank you for submitting a game for us to play.
H

Karsten75

A few hints would help. This is my longest-lasting attempt. All other attempts with a bigger landgrab failed quicker - or at least it felt quicker. :(

Helper

K-75,
I can't tell how long you've been at it in that screen shot.
This one if from 11+ minutes.
Concur on danger of large land grab.
Stay small, build Reactors to the max, add Blaster as needed, save often.
Also - I moved my CN over to the PZ for the power boost.
H

Karsten75

OK, so it was more energy as opposed to more firepower. Now if I can only tolerate excessive pausing, I might get a respectable score. Thanks  for the hint. Here's one in return. A reactor on that PZ is also very useful. :)

speef

I had fun starting, but I quit at about 1h 39m because I felt like I had beaten the map, and still had at least an hour to go. :\

The first 30 minutes was quite fun, though.

Karsten75

Having taken on board the "More energy" mantra, I found that a bigger land grab initially yielded much better results. I did waste some time swapping out collectors for relays, but this was the result.  I doub't I have the several elapsed hours it will take to complete this map again, but if I did, I would probably be looking at a better position in the rankings. :)