Custom Map #1142: Experimental Cannon. By: Richard333

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2014, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1142: Experimental Cannon

Author: Richard333
Size: 128x83

Desc:
Your mission is to take out a Experimental Cannon located on a Ticon World. #spores #digitalis #CRPL (Credit to VirgilW and Clean0nion for making the turret script i used)

Helper

Khotekki

I only recently started playing CW again, so I have to admit, I wasn't quiet sure what was going on with this map at the start.  But once I got a foothold in, and figured out what was happening, this map became really fun.  There was a neat little bit of strategy going on there that I really enjoyed, and made you think a bit differently about how you'd build and advance.  I had a lot of fun with this map (again, once I figured out how to get that initial foothold).

Volix

Almost quit when I saw what the main cannon did, but then I realized something.  Free power zones!

Glad I stuck it out, it was a great fight, and once I put some thought into how to progress the main cannon wasn't nearly as bad as it first seemed.  Thanks for putting it together.

planetfall

Is it intentional that the main gun starts shooting faster if you try to stun it?
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Richard333

Quote from: planetfall on September 17, 2014, 09:03:52 PM
Is it intentional that the main gun starts shooting faster if you try to stun it?
Nope it wasn't but when i found that out i decided to leave it in since it made it a bit more fun and to be more tactical in how to take it out.

ljw1004

Great map! Really enjoyable. I also like how you start at the bottom of the valley.

The briefing at the start said something about shooting the guns with sniper rifles to switch them into repair mode. I saw the text "Repairing" show up on the guns, but their green bar never dropped down far, and they were still able to shoot just fine despite the "Repairing" text. Glitch?

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ljw1004 on September 19, 2014, 10:44:17 PM
Great map! Really enjoyable. I also like how you start at the bottom of the valley.

The briefing at the start said something about shooting the guns with sniper rifles to switch them into repair mode. I saw the text "Repairing" show up on the guns, but their green bar never dropped down far, and they were still able to shoot just fine despite the "Repairing" text. Glitch?

Yeah, the repair mode does no good as far as I can tell.

Richard333

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 20, 2014, 02:03:29 AM

When they say repairing they are disabled and can't shoot however though when they do get stunned the cooldown rate for the gun to fire gets reset to 0 so it'll fire immediately once it become operational again. For future reference I'll adjust the time it takes to repair and the amount of damage it'll take before going into repair mode.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Richard333 on September 20, 2014, 09:47:19 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 20, 2014, 02:03:29 AM

When they say repairing they are disabled and can't shoot however though when they do get stunned the cooldown rate for the gun to fire gets reset to 0 so it'll fire immediately once it become operational again. For future reference I'll adjust the time it takes to repair and the amount of damage it'll take before going into repair mode.

They still fire with multiple snipers engaging them.  Just give them a couple of targets and their fire rate is low enough they won't be able to protect themselves, I had absolutely zero luck knocking them offline.