Custom Map #1132: Mayan Ruins. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2014, 08:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1132: Mayan Ruins

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 83x83

Desc:
Don't get frustrated. Just take the hill...

Loren Pechtel

Don't pay attention to gravity, just fly!

(In other words, it's basically impossible when every unit you have is stunned virtually 100% of the time.)

pastor.healer

Loren, I see you didn't post a score.  This map is hard if you get started wrong.  Re-think your starting strategy
and go again.  Hope you enjoy it... 

Blessings

Cavemaniac

Quote from: pastor.healer on September 13, 2014, 09:27:37 PM
Loren, I see you didn't post a score.  This map is hard if you get started wrong.  Re-think your starting strategy

Blessings

I don't get a lot of time to play, but when I do I chose my map carefully.

I played and enjoyed this map, and made a number of restarts to improve my start position and strategy.

I was happy with my time, but wasn't at all surprised to note that ea had beaten me!

This is a great map for learning PC strategy with regard to runners - what to target, where to place them and how many do you need for backup when the main line of defence is stunned.

Also, resource management comes into it as does routing your network.

But yes, you will spend much time with units stunned simply because there are boatloads of runners armed with stunners!

Thanks PH - look forward to your next effort (or catching up with your back catalogue!) - I love your non-CRPL minimalist maps, which put me in mind of yum234's map style.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: pastor.healer on September 13, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

Blessings

No time because I haven't found a survivable start.  When every unit is stunned all the time what do you do but get overrun?

Cavemaniac

I got a viable start on my first choice of landing sites which I never tried to improve on, despite trying several restarts.

Spoiler
I went top left, but as it's symmetrical you could go anywhere - make sure you drop in all three CN's for the energy boost.

Nuke the spore tower and emitter next to it.

Remember to nuke multiple enemies with a single Nullifier to save energy.

Remember that you don't have to kill runners - ignore them, they make a mess when they pop!

Just use PC's to keep the digi clear - remember runners need live Digitalis to move on.

Creeper isn't a big issue in this map - the digi and runners are, with a side order of pesky spores.

Use PZ's to extend the range of your Nullifiers.

Use guppies to nuke the majority of the enemy installations - don't try to build a network as it'll just gt stunned, and you don't need to move forward and conqueror new territory like a conventional map.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

I got a viable start on my first choice of landing sites which I never tried to improve on, despite trying several restarts.

Spoiler
I went top left, but as it's symmetrical you could go anywhere - make sure you drop in all three CN's for the energy boost.

Remember that you don't have to kill runners - ignore them, they make a mess when they pop!

Just use PC's to keep the digi clear - remember runners need live Digitalis to move on.

Creeper isn't a big issue in this map - the digi and runners are, with a side order of pesky spores.

Use guppies to nuke the majority of the enemy installations - don't try to build a network as it'll just gt stunned, and you don't need to move forward and conqueror new territory like a conventional map.
[close]

This makes no sense.  I can't charge even a single nullifier.  They don't charge when they're constantly stunned.

There's not much creeper but when your defenses are always stunned it gets through eventually.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 15, 2014, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

Spoiler

[close]

This makes no sense.  I can't charge even a single nullifier.  They don't charge when they're constantly stunned.

There's not much creeper but when your defenses are always stunned it gets through eventually.

Here's a couple of screen grabs to start you off.

This may not be the best approach, but it's the one I used.

Remember to pause.

You can all but ignore the creeper and the runners - just keep the digitalis away, and remember the CN's can sit on a digi trail for quite a while if they need to...